How to Program using BDM ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Program using BDM ?

Pal
Contributor I
So Far, I have been using the Code Warrior to code and then use the USB-BDM to program the micom.
However, now I would like to program the micom using the 6 pin BDM connector - How can I do that ?

Please let me know.

Regards

Pal
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Pal,

Not sure what you are asking here!
Aren't you using the 6 pin connector when you programme the device from Codewarrior?

Regards
Peg

0 Kudos

Pal
Contributor I
Hi,

I have been using USB  connector - I mean most micoms have the USB interface in which we do not need to use the 6 pin connector -

Regards

Pal
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
OK, so I'm guessing you have some kind of DEMO or EVB???
Some part numbers would not go astray here you know.
Sometimes you can remove the device from the board and fit a 6 pin header, then connect this header to a similar one on another board and use the board to programme/debug another device on another board.
But this is not always the case, see other current thread re. KA2.

What exactly do you have?

Regards
Peg

0 Kudos

Pal
Contributor I
Hi Peg,

Yaa, I am using a DEMO Board for MC9S08AW60. I want to use this micom in one of my circuits. Hence, I would like to program it using the 6 Pin BDP port so that I can create a 6 Pin interface on my new circuit board. This will then allow me to program the Micom without detaching the Micom from my circuit board.

Thanks and Regards.

Pal

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Pal,

There should be no reason why this won't work with this board,
Just populate the missing 6 pin BDM port with a header and remove the AW device from the socket.
Now you have a BDM pod.

Regards
Peg
0 Kudos

Pal
Contributor I
Well, this is really strange - It works now - Actually, there seemed to be some connection problem.

Thanks Peg.
0 Kudos