How does ur programmed mc work as a stand alone system when not connected to the PC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does ur programmed mc work as a stand alone system when not connected to the PC?

vivek
Contributor II
Dear all,

I am a newbie to microcontrollers. So pardon me for being so dumb?

I hav successfully programmed the flash(MC68HC908MR32), degugged my code, step ran my code.... Its absolutely perfect.  

But I jus dont hav any idea on how my program will run when my microcontroller is  not connecting (communicating) to the pc.

How does it work as a stand alone real time system?

Its a very embarrasing situation where without even knowing on how my scheme would to work , I hav almost completed programming and debugging.

Waiting for a reply

Thanks and Regards

ViVek

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Vivek,
Once you disconnect the MON08 adapter from your target board the microcontroller should no longer see the conditions necessary for monitor mode entry at power up. Most notably the high voltage on the IRQ pin! Now when you power up the micro it will be in user mode and start running from the address in the reset vector. Indeed if you have been doing a full chip simulation or an in-circuit-simulation while connected to the device it has almost been doing this already.

BR,
Peg

0 Kudos

alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi:

Once you have programmed the Flash, you microcontroller can run the program without being connected to the PC. You should not have any problem disconnecting the PC from yout target board, and letting it run to see.

Let us know1

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos