Flashing blank MC13213

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing blank MC13213

DedsBee
Contributor II
Ok guys, after hours and hours trying to flash my module (thousand of "power cycling" in CodeWarrior using P&E Multilink) I still just ca't get it working. It doesn't enter in Background Debug Mode. I tried power off and power on while holding BKGD pin low, but no success... I read a lot of posts here about flashing blank devices and I see that is not just me with this problem. I have the following voltage in the pins:

3V in VBATT and VDDINT (the power supply is good, no significant noise);

0V in VDDVCO (?) (I think it's because MCU keeps executing COP reset (blank device), right?);

~0.3V in VDDA, VDDLO1 and VDDLO2 (?) (again, is COP reset the cause?);

~2V in reset pin (?) (this is really strange, but again I'm blaming COP reset :smileyhappy: );

3V in BKGD (I tried the power cycle holding BKGD low);

Well, anyone please help me! I'm working in solder issues too, but it appears that every connection is fine. Thanks in advance!

DedsBee
Labels (1)
3 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi DedsBee,

Firstly, I presume you have seen this thread.
The notes about GB should apply to your device.
If you have a blank device and pull BKGD low for more than a COP period it will enter Background mode.
I would be putting a scope on your reset pin to see if it sheds any light on what is happening.
2 volts is wrong, the COP pulses are a very low duty and any device would still read very close to full volts.

0 Kudos

DedsBee
Contributor II
Hi Peg!

Yeah, I think you are right about 2V in my reset pin. It´s really wrong. I checked in a scope and there is no "pulse" or something like that. It´s steady in ~1.5V.
  And about the voltages in VDDA, VDDD and VDDVCO? Do you think it´s wrong too? Even with COP resets the voltages should be 1.8V?
  Well, I gived up about flashing. Now I´m focus in solder issues. Looking closer, it appears that the chip is "floating" over some pins. Oh my, that chip is really hard to work with manual solder.. I should receive 2 more boards next week, so the chances to get at least 1 working grows up.. :smileyhappy: Thank you Peg, I will post any news.

Regards,

DedsBee
0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV
DeedsBee,

Once you solder the chip to the board, please make sure that VDD, GND, RESET and BKND connections to the 6 pin BDM header are solid. Also, the BKND and RESET pins should be pulled up to VDD with a 4.7-10k resistor.

Once you provide power to the chip, you should see a yellow LED on a USB Multilink light up.

What is the voltage on the external power supply that you are using to power up your setup?

Best Regards,
Zahar
P&E