CW version 5.7 QG8 bootloader assembly code.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW version 5.7 QG8 bootloader assembly code.

paul
Contributor I
I have downloaded the bootloader code for the QG8 (assembly). When I try to build (Make), a window comes up telling me that this code was compiled with CW 3.1

The directions for converting requires that I use version 3.1 to export the files to html. I dont have this this version.

Does anyone have this code in version 5.7 CW (assembly)? I would prefer not to go the the entire process of installing version 3.1 only for this conversion process.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

paul
Contributor I
Wow.. you're right. If I save the project then try again, I'm able to "Make" it. Before doing that, when I tried to "make" the project, a pdf would pop up giving instructions on how to convert from CW3.1 to CW 5.1.

Thanks and thanks to you too Rocky R for your time.

0 Kudos

paul
Contributor I
Thanks Rocky Road.

The software is from Freesacle AN2295SW. In the SRC folder there is a bootload program for the S08QG.

The software will need to know what options I require. They are:

RCS_ENA = 1

SIZE = 8

I'm using both, Tx and Rx pins.  If possible, I would like to have a version with the "IRQ pin" option and one without.

Thanks so much for your help!

Paul

0 Kudos

RockyRoad
Contributor III
Paul -

I converted the project to CodeWarrior for HC08 5.1 project. You'll need to go in and set your options and assemble again.

The assembly gives two warnings, but they are the same warnings that I get in 3.1 for the project. It doesn't look to be a problem.

BTW, the correct version number for the latest CodeWarrior for HC08 is 5.1. The "5.7" is the version of the IDE that could be used in different platforms. After you do an "About Freescale CodeWarrior" from the Help menu, you need to click the "Installed Products" button in the lower left of the panel. The actual version of CodeWarrior for HC08 is at the top of the next window. You can also see what service packs are installed there.

- Rocky
0 Kudos

ok2ucx
Contributor IV
Dears,

I do not clearly understand what's the issue in opening Bootloader code in CW 5.1? I just opened original mcp, pressed Cancel and was able to make any target. Where's the problem?

Then, if you change something in the project and save it as for example hc08sprg-s08qg-cw51.mcp file (and eventually delete hc08sprg-s08qg-cw51_Data folder) to avoid further questions about conversion from older version.

Regards, Pavel ok2ucx

an2295 developper

0 Kudos

RockyRoad
Contributor III
Paul -

I understand your problem. Someone here had just removed CW 3.1 from their computer ("I'll never need that again") then needed to do a similar conversion to CW 5.1.

I hate to show my ignorance, but exactly what software did you download? Can you post the link? I'd be willing to convert the project, but I'm not clear what bootloader you've downloaded.

- Rocky
0 Kudos