cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

68HC11 test mode problem

gauri_mahajan
Contributor I
Hi,

We are working on 68HC11E9 processor. We are using the processor in expanded mode. We faced some issues related to ROMON. So we have added the test mode code in our firmware. We put the chip in test mode when we doubt the ROMON bit. But surprisingly, the CPU is executing this test mode code sometimes when its wired for normal mode operation. This is observed at power off/on and randomly also. Sometimes the device is working okay in normal mode. When it is switched off and on , it hangs. Sometimes when the device is working okay in normal mode, suddenly it goes to test mode and hangs. We have written one data in NVM when the device executes test mode code. From this we are able to see that it is going in test mode.

Can anybody help in this?

Thanks in advance!

Gauri

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

sureshkumar
Contributor I
Are you sure you can run your own code in Test Mode :smileymad:. As I know this mode is used by Freescale(for. Motorola). Becareful when altering the ROMON bit, this can lead your machine malfunction. Look at datasheet and it wil show you that TEST MODE is belong to Freescale or Motorola during device testing when production.
0 Kudos