cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q-sdb boots with SPL&u-boot.img

mach
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

The version of uboot is 2015, and the patchlevel of uboot is 04.

I noticed that this uboot has a configure file mx6sabresd_spl_defconfig in configs/ when I was about to give it a patch, which is used to support SPL. Because I compared my patch downloaded from internet with this uboot's code, and found that they are almost the same. So I make mx6sabresd_spl_defconfig directly without appling my patch, then "dd" SPL&u-boot.img into SD card and insert SD card into SD3. The commands are:

sudo dd if=SPL of=/dev/sdc bs=1k seek=1;sync

sudo dd if=u-boot.img of=/dev/sdc bs=1k seek=69

However, there is no any printed information, and I don't know why.  Can someone help me?

Best wishes,

Mc

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you try the demo image?

0 Kudos

mach
Contributor I

The demo image of uboot is u-boot.imx, which is ok for booting. Now I want to split u-boot.imx into SPL&u-boot.img.

0 Kudos

satyadamarla
Contributor III

Hello Mc,

I am sorry to say that I didn't clearly understand your question. I assume that you actually flashed the images onto the sd card and tried to boot but with no success.

1. What do you mean when you say that there is no printed information? Which information are you talking about? 

2. Are you successful in booting using these images? Yes or No

3. Did you check the bootcmd parameters in u-boot? Did you enable booting from sdcard?

Please if possible explain more clearly whats the problem

Greets,

Satya

0 Kudos

mach
Contributor I

Hello Satya,

Sorry for that. I flash the SPL&u-boot.img into sd card. When I turn on the power switch of board, the terminal of minicom has no output.

1.The information I'm talking about is about the boot information of SPL. If the SPL boots successfully, the terminal of minicom will show something.

2.I failed in booting using these images, because the terminal of minicom outputs nothing.

3.The bootcmd parameters in u-boot are correct, and I have enabled booting from sd card.

If my explanation is not clear, I will show you more details.

Best wishes,

Mc

0 Kudos

satyadamarla
Contributor III

Hi Mc,

It looks like the problem could be with the debug UART (the serial port used by minicom). In my case it is UART3 (ttymxc2) which is present in board/<yourboard>/Kconfig. Please check if the right UART is used.

I would suggest that you have a look at the previous boot version which is working. Check the "console" parameter using printenv and use that port. I hope it works.

Greets,

Satya

0 Kudos

mach
Contributor I

Hello Satya,

Thank you for your reply. I'll check.

Best wishes,

Mc

0 Kudos