Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Stress Test v1.0.3 vs. v2.20

Jump to solution
mahi
Contributor IV

Hi community,

there are some threads about this topic but I could not find a solution yet.

My DDR3 init script seems to work with the "old" DDR Stress Test tool. But when trying to use the current tool, "DQS gating calibration" fails. It seem to be due to the MR1 value which is not read from the init file correctly.

According to https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-105652#comment-31888 changing the last line setmem /32 0x021b001c = 0x00000000 of the Script-Aid generated script to setmem /32 0x021b001c = 0x00040000 should tell the new Stress Test tool to use a MR1 value of 4. But when looking at the output of the tool, it keeps saying "ddr_mr1=0x00000000".

Best regards,

Martin

Original Attachment has been moved to: InitScript.inc.zip

Labels (1)
1 Solution
mahi
Contributor IV

The new version 2.30 (see i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.30) finally fixes this issue - now it works perfectly...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mahi
Contributor IV

The new version 2.30 (see i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.30) finally fixes this issue - now it works perfectly...

0 Kudos
versat
Contributor II

Hi,

DDR Stress Test Tool V2.60 doesn't recognize my MR1 value.

Even if i use your attached init script with DDR Stress Test Tool V2.60 it doesn't set MR1 correctly (it stays at 0000).

Do you remember if you had to change something, maybe formatting, so it works?

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Sebastian,

as it's been a while I posted this, I can hardly remember, what exactly I did.

The current version of Stress Test Tool allows entering the MR1 value manually, so there is no need to get it from the init file.

I attached the file, that worked for me...

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I think, it makes sense to post this issue  to i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.20

directly.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos