FRDM-K64F Pinout

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F Pinout

carlrumsey
Contributor I

I would just like to inform you that I was working with the FRDM-K64F board, Rev C/Rev E to utilize a Wifi chips capabilities. After much debug it was found that the CE pin, AKA PTC12, must be routed incorrectly. A continuity check was done to find that the CE pin on the board was connected to PTB20, which is also used as a row header elsewhere. The CE pin is shown to be PTC12 in all of the documentation. This is pin 66 on the MCU. Since I was not using PTB20 I changed it in the code and it worked. It was just a pain to debug the issue with the hardware. Just something to keep in mind in the future revisions to fix. Since I found this I am wondering where the missing pin, PTC12, is routed on the board. Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

habiburrahman
Contributor I

I faced a lot of trouble figuring out the problem why my nrf24l01+ was not working. wrote program to blink all the 6 pins individually and, and figured out the CE pin was not working. I wrote the blinky code in mbed but the CE pin failed to output the results i expected. I began doubting the mbed pin definitions, so i wrote the blinky code in keil uvision but pin CE failed to work . I checked for continuity and figured out that pin 64 was not having continuity with CE, but pin 66 (PTB20). I have also noticed no continuity on PINA0. Am i missing any document???

0 Kudos

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

You are correct, J6 CE line is connected to PTB20 instead of PTC12 as depicted in the board's documentation, as for PTC12, it is not hooked to any external connector.

0 Kudos