Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pmic on Sabre mcimx6q-sdb

Jump to solution
christophe
Contributor V

Hi,

Looking at the architecture on the Sabre mcimx6q-SDB board, i wonder if pmic pf0100 is in a default case or has been set up by Freescale.

Since Vddotp pin is set up to gnd, the hard-coded configuration is not used and voltages in the board reveals pre-programmed otp configuration F0 would be used (Table9 in PF0100 manual).

It would seem these pre-programmed otp configuration are set up at the factory, is it really the case ?

On the Sabre board, i wonder if the pmic has to be configurated by I2c or fuse-burned, to be able to corretly work ?

Rgds,

Christophe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
peter_pinewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christophe,

Yes, the SabreSD requires a pre-programmed otp configuration.  The PF0100 can be ordered unprogrammed, pre-programmed per the datasheet configurations (i.e F0,F1,F2) or a custom configuration.  The SabreSD board provides the hooks to be able to program in-circuit using the I2C interface.  Note, there is a PF0100 programmer available: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=KITPFPGMEVME&fr=gtl

-peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
peter_pinewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christophe,

Yes, the SabreSD requires a pre-programmed otp configuration.  The PF0100 can be ordered unprogrammed, pre-programmed per the datasheet configurations (i.e F0,F1,F2) or a custom configuration.  The SabreSD board provides the hooks to be able to program in-circuit using the I2C interface.  Note, there is a PF0100 programmer available: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=KITPFPGMEVME&fr=gtl

-peter

0 Kudos
christophe
Contributor V

Hi Peter,

Is it possible too, to order imx6 chips with custom programmed fuses (boot fuses) ?

Rgds,

CC

0 Kudos
peter_pinewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry FSL does not program the mx6 fuses but it is simple to do in u-boot.

There is a command in u-boot called imxotp that allows fuses to be blown.

Note: to boot from fuses, you need two things:

1. Boot mode pins set correctly (this is a Hardware setting)--- BOOT_MODE[1:0]=0x00

2. The boot from fuses bit in the fuse map must be blown (this is BT_FUSE_SEL. The command is: imxotp blow --force 6 0x10)

Two examples are shown below: (boot from SD Card and boot from SATA)

SD Card: 4-bit bus width, running on USDHC-3

- Only need to blow BOOT_CFG1[6], BOOT_CFG2[5], and BOOT_CFG2[4]. All other fuses remain at “0”.

- Sequence from U-Boot:

Ø imxotp blow --force 5 0x3040 ;BOOT_CFG1[6],BOOT_CFG2[5],BOOT_CFG2[4]

Ø imxotp blow --force 6 0x10 ;BT_FUSE_SEL

SATA

- Only need to blow BOOT_CFG1[5]. All other fuses remain at “0”.

- Sequence from U-Boot:

Ø imxotp blow --force 5 0x20 ;BOOT_CFG1[5]

Ø imxotp blow --force 6 0x10 ;BT_FUSE_SEL

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
christophe
Contributor V

Thank you.

0 Kudos
christophe
Contributor V