cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual display on imx53 Windows Embedded Compact 7

seetha
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working on imx53 customized board.I am able to boot Windows Embedded Compact 7 on ma platform.LCD driver is coming up properly.But my problem is I am not able to have two display's at the same time.I want to have both LCD and VGA working at the same and same contents.Please help me out in solving this.

Thanks in advance,

Seetharam

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
10 Replies

justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

oobin
Contributor I

Dear Justin,

I checked "WINCE700\SUPPORT\APP\DisplaySet" and executed it on WinEC7 platform,

it will not call DisplayConfigureDual.

But I execute DisplaySet that you provide at this link, it will call DisplayConfigureDual.

Can you provide the source code of DisplaySet and mosquito_dual ?

Can secondary display play video ?

I am not familiar with DirectDraw, do you have any tutorial about DirectDraw to draw secondary display.

(http://imxcommunity.org/group/wince/forum/topics/i-mx51-wince600-dual-display-set-di0-as-main-displa...)

Dear Seetharam,

Can you share how to enable dual display in WinEC7 with same content or different content ?

Thx ~

Jiang Justin said:

for current WinCE dual display solution, you need use displaySet app in  "WINCE600\SUPPORT\APP\DisplaySet" to enable the secondary display. It will call DisplayConfigureDual().

Please check the attach RM for the details about the dual display.

0 Kudos

seetha
Contributor III

Thanks a lot Justin for your support.I am trying to restore the contents of VGA into LCD.I will let you know if any progress.Thanks again.

Regards,

Seetharam

0 Kudos

justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, I have just enabled a dual display on ce6 with mx51 platfrom. but since the code architecture and ipu is almost same, so i think you can have a refer to it.

0 Kudos

seetha
Contributor III

Hi Justin, It is working in windows Embedded Compact 7 as well but I am not able to restore the contents back into LCD.Please suggest if some changes.

Thanks and Regards,

Seetharam

0 Kudos

seetha
Contributor III

Thank you so much Justin for your kind response.But I have a small doubt,Is it possible to use the same app in Windows Embedded Compact 7 and imx53 platform? Please let me know if possible.

0 Kudos

justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

for current WinCE dual display solution, you need use displaySet app in  "WINCE600\SUPPORT\APP\DisplaySet" to enable the secondary display. It will call DisplayConfigureDual().

Please check the attach RM for the details about the dual display.

0 Kudos

seetha
Contributor III

Thanks Justin for your reply. BSP_ENABLE_SECONDARY_PRIMARY_SURFACE variable is set but what exactly happening is in displaysetmode() function of display.cpp first it is checking for DI0 panel and if its connected then it will not check for DI1.VGA is connected to DI1 and DisplayConfigureDual() function is not at all getting called.Please help me in solving this.

Thanks and Regards,

Seetharam

0 Kudos

larson
Contributor III

Hi, i have a same problem with you, have no idea about it, do you resolve it and can you tell me your solution about it, thanks

0 Kudos

justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check the "DisplayConfigureDual()" in display.cpp  and make sure to set

#define BSP_ENABLE_SECONDARY_PRIMARY_SURFACE TRUE.

0 Kudos