I have made a simple touch sensing demo for KL25z Freedom board for fast user friendly test using MSD bootloader (default combined application in Open SDA when you receive the Freedom - Mass Storage Device and serial port).
Demo changes the brightness of red led populated on the board and communicate with FreeMaster visualization tool over embedded virtual serial port of Open SDA connection.
Touch sensing application is controlled by TSS (touch sensing softwere). For more information about touch sensing and download of TSS go to www.freescale.com/tss
The visualization output has 2 separate scope windows:
- one showing signals captured from electrodes of slider
- another one showing position of finger on a slider
The operation is really simple,
- just drag and drop the attached *.s19 file into your device using MSD bootloader (as other precompiled projects for Freedom board)
- open the *.pmp file that is associated with FreeMASTER,
- choose the correct COM port at speed of 38400 kbps and
- start communication
The demo was made in CodeWarrior 10.4 using TSS library 3.0.1 in Processor Expert tool, source code can be provided if there will be an interest.
There is no need to configure MAP file for FreeMaster communication, application uses so called TSA table - it is position independent this way.
If you are not familiar with FreeMASTER or not have it installed in your PC - go to www.freescale.com/freemaster to read more and download the free installer, install it and you are good to run the demo.
and keep in touch