This document provides steps to perform the system upgrade/OTA update for Android on i.MX platforms.
- Compile the Android images and generate an OTA Package:
- source build/envsetup.sh
- lunch sabresd_6dq-userdebug
- make -j4
- make otapackage
- You can find your OTA package in the below path:
- ls out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/sabresd_6dq-ota-<xxx>.zip
- Copy the above OTA zip package to the device in sdcard using adb push
- adb push out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/sabresd_6dq-ota-<xxx>.zip /sdcard
- Move the package from sdcard to the location: /cache/update.zip
- Make the directory and perform the below steps on the device:
- mkdir -p /cache/recovery
- touch /cache/recovery/command
- echo "--update_package=/cache/update.zip" > /cache/recovery/command
- reboot recovery
The recovery automatically applies the command and installs this update package.
Note: In this document, the setup is for the i.MX6Q SABRESD Board. So, PathName and OTA package name subject to change based on target device compilation.