Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx Automotive Version 3.0.0

pastedImage_1.png

Product Release Announcement

Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors

NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox

for MPC57xx – version 3.0.0

Austin, Texas, USA

February 18, 2019

The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors’ Model-Based Design Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the release of the Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx version 3.0.0. This release supports automatic code generation for peripherals and applications prototyping from MATLAB/Simulink for NXP’s MPC574xB/C/G/P series.

FlexNet Location

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=10769197

Activation link

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=10769197

Technical Support

NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx issues are tracked through NXP Model-Based Design Tools Community space.

https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt

Release Content

• Automatic C code generation based on PA SDK 2.0.0 RTM drivers from MATLAB®/Simulink® for NXP MPC574xB/C/G/P derivatives:
  • MPC5744B, MPC5745B, MPC5746B                                                (*new)
  • MPC5744C, MPC5745C, MPC5746C, MPC5747C, MPC5748C      (*new)
  • MPC5746G, MPC5747G, MPC5748G                                               (*new)
  • MPC5741P, MPC5742P, MPC5743P, MPC5744P                             (*upd)
  • Multiple options for MCU packages, Build Toolchains and embedded Target Connections are available via Model-Based Design Toolbox MPC574x Simulink main configuration block

pastedImage_4.png

• Enhanced user experience with a complete redesign of all Simulink Library blocks compared with v.2.0.0 to support:
  • Similar look & feel with Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K14x Series
  • Basic and Advanced configurations modes based on PA SDK 2.0.0 RTM standard API
  • Integration with MathWorks SW environment: Installer, Help and online Add-on Manager for distribution and installation

• MPC574xP Ultra-Reliable MCU for Automotive & Industrial Safety Applications and MPC574xB/C/G Ultra-Reliable MCUs for Automotive & Industrial Control and summary of the peripherals coverage by Model-Based Design version 3.0.0 is highlighted in red:

pastedImage_6.pngpastedImage_7.png

• Redesigned the main Simulink Embedded Target library for supporting future additions for other MPC57xx derivatives, Automotive Math and Motor Control Libraries and MPC57xx Examples:

pastedImage_8.png

pastedImage_10.pngpastedImage_11.png

• Implement communication port auto discovery to allow easy configuration for downloading the generated code to NXP targets and new Diagnostic options to helps with model creation or migration.

pastedImage_12.pngpastedImage_14.png

• 100% MPC574x supported peripheral coverage with examples. Currently there are 102 examples available as part of the toolbox that exercise all the functionalities supported. The examples are grouped into two categories:
  • MPC574x Generic examples that can be run on any of the MPC574x Evaluation Boards
  • MPC574x Targeted examples that are configured for a single target (e.g.: might contains peripherals that are available only on a specific target)

pastedImage_15.pngpastedImage_16.png

• Motor Control examples for PMSM and BLDC based on FOC and 6-step commutation with Closed and Open loop control

pastedImage_18.png

• Enable MATLAB code profiler for NXP targets for measuring the function execution time using Software -in-the-Loop or Processor-in-the-Loop modes

pastedImage_20.pngpastedImage_21.png

For more details, features and how to use the new functionalities, please refer to the Release Notes and Quick Start Guide documents attached.

MATLAB® Integration

The NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox extends the MATLAB® and Simulink® experience by allowing customers to evaluate and use NXP’s MPC57xx MCUs and evaluation boards solutions out-of-the-box with:

• NXP Support Package for MPC57xx Online Installer Guide Add-on allows users to install NXP solution directly from the Mathwork’s website or directly from MATLAB IDE. The Support Package provide a step-by-step guide for installation and verification.

pastedImage_23.pngpastedImage_24.png

pastedImage_35.pngpastedImage_34.png

Target Audience

This release (v.3.0.0) is intended for technology demonstration, evaluation purposes and prototyping for MPC574xB/C/G/P MCUs and their corresponding Evaluation Boards:

• DEVKIT-MPC5744P PCB RevX1 SCH RevB
  • DEVKIT-MPC5748G PCB RevA SCH RevB
  • Daughter Card MPC574XG-256DS RevB
  • Daughter Card X-MPC574XG-324DS RevA
  • Daughter Card MPC5744P-257DS RevB1
  • Daughter Card SPC5746CSK1MKU6
  • Motherboard X-MPC574XG-MB RevD
  • Motherboard MPC57XX RevC

Attachments
Comments

Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx Automotive Version 3.0.0 Installing S32K blocks will be uninstalled.
Is there a solution?

Best regards,

Hello hayaoki7‌,

Thank you for your message and for your interest in our toolbox!

The mentioned behaviour is now tracked internally as AST-1325.

If you want to have installed the both toolboxes (MPC and S32K) they must not be installed in the same location. Please follow the next instructions:

1. Open Matlab, go to Preferences -> Add-Ons and under Installation Folder please add the desired location followes by \S32K (I typed C:AddOns\S32K)

2. Install the mltbx for S32K.

3. In Matlab, Set Path, Pres Default and Save or go to [C:\AddOns]\S32K\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx, right click on folder code, go to Remove from Path -> Selected folder and subfolders.

4. In Matlab, go to Preferences -> Add-Ons and under Installation Folder please changed the desired location followes by \MPC (I typed C:AddOns\MPC)

5. Install the mltbx for MPC. 

6. Now you have the both toolboxes installed but only the MPC is in path. 

7. In order to use the S32K toolbox please go to C:\AddOns\S32K\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code and run the mbd_s32k_path.m script. This will add also the S32K script in path.

Now you have the both toolboxes installed.

But what would I also recommend will be to remove from Matlab's path the toolbox that you are not using: only from path! For example if you don't use the S32K toolbox keep in path only the MPC Toolbox and reverse. You can remove from path using the script from the point number 3, and to add any of the toolbox the instruction 7 because the MPC and S32K have the same mechanism. 

Hope this helps, 

Marius!

Hi hayaoki7

What's the MATLAB revision you are using? I'm testing with MATLAB 2018b and there's no problem.

Thank you!

Daniel

am using R2018A.

Is R2018B better?

Thank you

Hello,

Will there be an other release in the future which supports the MPC5777C?

Regards,

Luca

Hi lucabarbiero‌,

Currently we have added support for the MPC574x derivatives B/C/G/P supported by NPX SDK 2.0.0 RTM release.

Once the support for MPC577x will be enabled in a SDK RTM release, we are going to add them into Simulink too. Most likely the next release of this toolbox (denoted 3.1.0) will include such support.

Best regards,

Daniel

Hey there,a general suggestion to u and this community.As someone asked above users are eagerly waiting for future versions,which may support MPC5777C,as many users need it and eagerly waiting for it.And pls make sure,it is done as soon as possible.Regards kfc survey

Help!!!

Where should I put the “license.dat” about MBDToolbox_MPC57xx_3.0.0,I can not find the “lic” file.And my error as follow picture.

pastedImage_1.png

Hello, 

You need to place it in {Toolbox installation directory}\lic folder

Please refer to the step by step available in your {Toolbox installation directory}\help folder Model_Based_Design_Toolbox_MPC57xx_Series_Licensing_Guide.pdf or to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/MBDT-MPC57xx_QSG.pdf page 1-7

Hope this helps!

Daniel

But how to install the Add-ons,I don't know how to open this view as follow.What "*.mltbx" file should I open?

pastedImage_1.png

And My Matlab version is 2017b,can I use this MBD_574xx_3.0.0 in this version?

tjs

Hello dumitru-daniel.popa!

Is there an update on an expected release date for the 3.1.0 release to support the MPC5777x variant?  

Best-

Tom

Hi Thomas, 

According with our internal roadmap the MBDT MPC57xx 3.1.0 will be available in Q1 20192020. I can't give you an exact date because i've not yet closed the PRD but is going to be towards the end of the quarter.

Anything in particular that are you looking for ?

Best regards,
Daniel

tjs

Hi Daniel-

Thanks for the response. I assume you meant Q1-2020 right?

We are developing a new ECU and would like to utilize the toolbox for further development.

Thx-

Tom

Hi Tom, 

Yes, 2020 - sorry for mistake. 

What kind of processor you want to use and which are the main functionalities you are looking for. If you want to be sure, some particular features will be present, please contact your account manager in NXP and tell him your requirements. 

Bottom line, we want to upgrade the MPC57xx toolbox to similar level of features as S32K1xx version 4.1.0

Best regards,
Daniel

Version history
Last update:
‎02-18-2019 07:23 AM
Updated by: