Austin, Texas, USA
February 18, 2019
The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors’ Model-Based Design Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the release of the Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx version 3.0.0. This release supports automatic code generation for peripherals and applications prototyping from MATLAB/Simulink for NXP’s MPC574xB/C/G/P series.
NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx issues are tracked through NXP Model-Based Design Tools Community space.
- Automatic C code generation based on PA SDK 2.0.0 RTM drivers from MATLAB®/Simulink® for NXP MPC574xB/C/G/P derivatives:
- MPC5744B, MPC5745B, MPC5746B (*new)
- MPC5744C, MPC5745C, MPC5746C, MPC5747C, MPC5748C (*new)
- MPC5746G, MPC5747G, MPC5748G (*new)
- MPC5741P, MPC5742P, MPC5743P, MPC5744P (*upd)
- Multiple options for MCU packages, Build Toolchains and embedded Target Connections are available via Model-Based Design Toolbox MPC574x Simulink main configuration block
- Enhanced user experience with a complete redesign of all Simulink Library blocks compared with v.2.0.0 to support:
- Similar look & feel with Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K14x Series
- Basic and Advanced configurations modes based on PA SDK 2.0.0 RTM standard API
- Integration with MathWorks SW environment: Installer, Help and online Add-on Manager for distribution and installation
- MPC574xP Ultra-Reliable MCU for Automotive & Industrial Safety Applications and MPC574xB/C/G Ultra-Reliable MCUs for Automotive & Industrial Control and summary of the peripherals coverage by Model-Based Design version 3.0.0 is highlighted in red:
- Redesigned the main Simulink Embedded Target library for supporting future additions for other MPC57xx derivatives, Automotive Math and Motor Control Libraries and MPC57xx Examples:
- Implement communication port auto discovery to allow easy configuration for downloading the generated code to NXP targets and new Diagnostic options to helps with model creation or migration.
- 100% MPC574x supported peripheral coverage with examples. Currently there are 102 examples available as part of the toolbox that exercise all the functionalities supported. The examples are grouped into two categories:
- MPC574x Generic examples that can be run on any of the MPC574x Evaluation Boards
- MPC574x Targeted examples that are configured for a single target (e.g.: might contains peripherals that are available only on a specific target)
- Motor Control examples for PMSM and BLDC based on FOC and 6-step commutation with Closed and Open loop control
- Enable MATLAB code profiler for NXP targets for measuring the function execution time using Software -in-the-Loop or Processor-in-the-Loop modes
For more details, features and how to use the new functionalities, please refer to the Release Notes and Quick Start Guide documents attached.
The NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox extends the MATLAB® and Simulink® experience by allowing customers to evaluate and use NXP’s MPC57xx MCUs and evaluation boards solutions out-of-the-box with:
- NXP Support Package for MPC57xx Online Installer Guide Add-on allows users to install NXP solution directly from the Mathwork’s website or directly from MATLAB IDE. The Support Package provide a step-by-step guide for installation and verification.
This release (v.3.0.0) is intended for technology demonstration, evaluation purposes and prototyping for MPC574xB/C/G/P MCUs and their corresponding Evaluation Boards:
- DEVKIT-MPC5744P PCB RevX1 SCH RevB
- DEVKIT-MPC5748G PCB RevA SCH RevB
- Daughter Card MPC574XG-256DS RevB
- Daughter Card X-MPC574XG-324DS RevA
- Daughter Card MPC5744P-257DS RevB1
- Daughter Card SPC5746CSK1MKU6
- Motherboard X-MPC574XG-MB RevD
- Motherboard MPC57XX RevC