NXP provides a software drivers library for Kinetis M devices, the KM bare-metal drivers. It includes support for peripherals and FreeRTOS.
Follow the instructions to download and install the software package.
- Go to the KM3x section in the NXP webpage.
- Click on the documentation tab
- In the Application Notes section look for the API reference manual for Kinetis M bare-metal drivers and software examples, download:
- HTML > Reference Manual and documentation
- ZIP > Software package
- Unzip the KMSWDRVAPIRM_SW.zip file into a computer location.
- Inside the folder you will find several .exe files, select the appropriate file for your application and follow the installation instructions.
- By default a folder named KMxxxSWDRV_Rx_x_x is created. You can see the folder structure like this
- build: Build examples project files for the selected IDE.
- refman: Source files of the HTML Reference Manual
- src: Source files for drivers:
- common – common files for projects: device headers, startup routines, etc.
- drivers – peripheral drivers source code.
- freemaster – Freemaster source files for communication functions with Freemaster software.
- freertos – FreeRTOS files, kernel and RTOS support.
- projects – example projects demonstrating peripherals and modes.
- toolchain – toolchain support.
- template – Base projects for supported IDEs and make_project.exe file to create new project for different supported IDEs.
If you need support for a different IDE or KM device you just need to extract the appropriate .exe file from the SW package.
Hope information helps!
Happy Downloading and installing!