Hexiwear platform combines the style and usability found in high-end consumer devices, with the functionality and expandability of sophisticated engineering development platforms, making Hexiwear the ideal form factor for the wearable market, as well as other edge-node IoT solutions. Completely open-source and developed by MikroElektronika in partnership with NXP, the Hexiwear hardware includes the low power, high performance Kinetis K6x Microcontroller based on ARM Cortex-M4 core, the Kinetis KW40Z multimode radio SoC, supporting BLE in Hexiwear. The Hardware features included 6 on-board sensors such as Optical Heart Rate Monitor, Accelerometer and Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Temperature, Humidity, light and Pressure sensor's. Hexiwear also includes Color OLED Display, Rechargeable battery and External flash memory.
Hexiwear is supported with its own application for Android and iOS, so customers can connect the device to the cloud straight out of the box, without any additional software development. Hexiwear uses FreeRTOS, the Kinetis software development kit (SDK) and the Kinetis Design Studio IDE. The Hexiwear platform is also expandable with the option to add nearly 200 different, additional sensors through click boards™
• Eye-catching small form factor (smaller than 2” by 2”) board with open source hardware with 7 NXP components and 8 sensors on-board.
• Designed for wearable applications with the onboard rechargeable battery, OLED screen and onboard sensors such as optical heart rate, accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope.
• Designed for IoT end node applications with the onboard sensor’s such as temperature, pressure, humidity and ambient light.
• Complete software solution with open source embedded software, cell phone apps and cloud connectivity.
• Flexibility to let you add the sensors of your choice from 180+ plug and play add on boards.
NXP Products Recommended
- ARM Cortex-M4|Kinetis K64 120 MHz 32-bit MCUs|NXP
- ARM Cortex-M0+|Kinetis KW40Z 2.4 GHz 32-bit MCUs|NXP
- FXOS8700CQ Accelerometer and Magnetometer
- FXAS21002 Gyroscope
- MPL3115A2R1 Altimeter
- MC34671 Battery charger
- Module Targets Rapid IoT Development | Embedded content from Electronic Design
- NXP Accelerates Smart Wearable Product Development | Business Wire
- Mouser Stocking the Hexiwear Open Source IoT Platform from MikroElektronika and NXP | Electronics360
- Hexiwear: The Do-Anything Device! - Hackster.io
- Hexiwear: Quickly Build Quality IoT Devices - HWTrek
- Introduction to Hexiwear – a wearable development kit for the IoT era – HWTrek Blog
- Win an Oculus Rift! Hexiwear Design Contest | mbed
- Freedom development platform: Hackster.io conte... | element14 Community