i.MX Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Family

i.MX Family

i.MX Family Processor

The i.MX family is designed for use in smartphones, wireless PDAs, gaming and many other mobile wireless applications, Freescale's i.MX Family of applications processors are a leading solution in today's smartphone environment.

Based on ARM® core technology, the i.MX1, i. MXL, i.MX21, i.MX27 and i.MX31 are designed to offer low power consumption with real-world power performance and a high degree of integration to reduce your design time significantly.

The i.MX Family supports a broad range of industry-leading platforms such as those based on the Microsoft® Window® CE operating systems, Palm® OS, Linux® OS, and Symbian™ operating systems.

The i.MX portfolio is a leading solution in today's smartphone environment and is a central feature of Freescale's i.Smart smartphone reference design, providing power performance to our Innovative Convergence™ platforms.

We are committed to continually expanding our Innovative Convergence platforms to support new technologies and new services as they emerge into the marketplace, such as advanced display technologies including smart panels; streaming video; multiple operating systems; and the far-reaching capabilities of the personal server.

ProcessorCPUSpeedFPUDMA ChannelsEmbedded SRAMFlash BootVideo Acceleration2D/3D Graphics
i.MXSARM920T100MHzNo11NoNORNoNo
i.MXLARM920T200MHzNo11NoNORDCT/iDCT Hardware Acceleration2D/3D Graphics Through Software
i.MX21SARM926EJ-S266MHzNo166KBNAND or NORNoNo
i.MX21ARM926EJ-S350MHzNo166KBNAND or NORMPEG4 CIF 30 fps encoder and decoder2D/3D Graphics with external accelerator
i.MX27ARM926EJ-S400MHzNo1645KBNAND or NORH.264, MPEG-4, H.263 HW Enc/Dec; 24 fps VGA Full DuplexNo
i.MX31LARM1136JF-S532MHzYes3216KBNAND or NORMPEG4 VGA 30 fps EncodeNo
i.MX31ARM1136JF-S532MHzYes3216KBNAND or NORMPEG4 VGA 30 fps EncodeIntegrated 2-D/3-D Processing Unit with OpenGL® Support
i.MX35ARM1136JF-S532MHzYes32128KBNAND, NOR, MMC/SDMPEG-4, H.264, ...Integrated 2D Processing Unit (Z160 @133MHz) with OpenVG® 1.1 Support
i.MX51ARM Cortex-A8800MHzYes32128kBNAND, NOR, MMC/SDMJPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263/264, VC-1, DivX, RV10Integrated 2D (Z160 core @166MHz) and 3D (Z430 core @166MHz) Processing Unit with OpenVG® 1.1 and OpenGL ES® 2.0 / Direct3D Mobile Support
i.MX53ARM Cortex-A81GHzYes32144kBNAND, NOR, MMC/SDMJPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263/264, VC-1, DivX, RV10Integrated 2D and 3D (Z430 core @200MHz) Processing Unit with OpenVG® 1.1 and OpenGL ES® 2.0 / Direct3D Mobile Support

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎07-30-2012 03:05 PM
Updated by: