1. Download CodeWarrior 10 Evaluation Version (Eclipse, Windows-hosted)
Method 1: Direct Link
direct download link (Caution - link may not be up to date)
Method 2: Navigate to the Download Link
From Freescale.com click on:
- "Design Resources" tab at the top of the page,
- then navigate to "Software and Tools",
- and then to "Codewarrior Devleopment Tools"
- Click on the "Download CodeWarrior now link"
- Click on the Download Evaluation Versions link"
- Within this page, use your browser "find" feature (Typically CTRL-F) to search for the text string "Kinetis."
- Click the "download" button next to "Evaluation: CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers(Eclipse, Windows-hosted) version". and save it to your computer.
2. Install CodeWarrior
To install CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers v10, double-click the installation
package and a wizard will guide you through the installation process.
Are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7?
1. The CodeWarrior installer should be run using the ‘Run as administrator’ option. CodeWarrior service
packs are installed with the Eclipse Updater. The updater should also be run with this option. To start
the Eclipse Updater select ‘Window > Install new software’ in the menu.
2. Eclipse needs read/write access to the installation folder. Make sure the eclipse installation folder has
the appropriate permissions for all users.
3. Make sure your project workspace has read and write permissions
Evaluation Edition User:
If you are installing the Evaluation Edition, the Evaluation license is automatically installed with your
product and you do not need to register it. This license allows you to develop projects as
Professional Edition within the 30-day evaluation period. After 30 days, the license works as Special
Edition license (free permanent, but feature limited) which supports unlimited assembly code, up to
32KB of C code for HCS08/RS08 derivatives, up to 64KB of C code for V1 ColdFire derivatives and
up to 128KB of C code for V2-V4 ColdFire and Kinetis derivatives and up to 512KB of C code for
Once you have finished downloading and installing CodeWarrior, users can return to Downloading and Installing P&E as part of the Blink a LED on Kinetis Tutorial
CW10 User Manual
—The Above user manual has a list of other helpful docs which can be found within your CodeWarrior installation directory.