There are several main hardware configuration steps. Once the USB cable has been connected between the evaluation board and PC, it may be necessary to update the chip firmware which requires moving a jumper pin on the evaluation board.
Then, connect one end of the USB cable to the PC and the other end to the Power/OSJTAG mini-B connector on the TWRK60N512 module. Allow the PC to automatically configure the USB drivers if needed.
Before updating the firmware, it is necessary to start a CodeWarrior Project. In this case, the easiest way to do this is to actually navigate to the sample project and click on the Sample.mcp file. This will open CodeWarior 2.8.
- Selection Project->Build Configurations->MK40X256VMD100_INTERNAL_FLASH
- Project-»Build All
- Run->Debug Configurations—> Use the Codewarrior download Filter and Select "PROJECTNAME_MK40XD256VMD100_INTERNAL_FLASH_PnE_OSJTAG"
- Additional step is required if the firmware is out of date:
Firmware Upgrade Instructions (if needed)
Firmware may change after an evaluation board has been manufactured and shipped. As a result, an alert will be displayed during the first attempt to download software to the board. Follow the instructions carefully.
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Look for the jumper (On the REV B Board) labeled "OSBDM_IRQ" - it is jumper 35. It will be found between the on/off switch and to the right of the the white "Lin" connectors. Remove one of the "LED Enable" jumpers for this if you don't have a header jumper handy and put the jumper on the OSBDM_IRQ header These LED Jumpers are just above the blue potentiometer knob and marked as "J27."
3. Reconnect the USB cable and click OK.
4. Wait for the new firmware to download.
5. A new dialog will appear when the process is complete.
6. Unplug the cable, remove the jumper, return it to the location it was "borrowed from" and reconnect the cable.
7. Then click OK.