The C project that doesn't use Processor Expert can be converted to Processor Expert. This is useful when the user finds out that he/she would like to use additional features of Processor Expert.
WARNING! Note that in most cases this conversion involves necessary manual changes in the application code, because for example the register interrupt vectors table definitions created by the user often conflicts with Processor Expert definitions. Don't forget to backup the whole project before the conversion. Some files will have to be removed from the project. The conversion to Processor Expert is recommended to experienced users only.
- Select the command in the main menu File > New > Other and in the New Project Wizard select Processor Expert / Enable Processor Expert for Existing C Project
- Select the project you want to update.
- Select the derivative that will be included in PEx project (you should use the same derivative, but without the _4SDK suffix, that has been selected when the project was created without PEx).
- Select the target compiler (select for example the IAR ARM C Compiler if the C project has been created as IAR ARM C project)
- Confirm changes (renaming of main.c module and any other changes you want to apply) and click on the Finish button.
- Remove the duplicate main.c module – main_backup.c (copy content of the old main.c module into the new one created by PEx) and delete the file
- The project with PEx is created but there need to be done following changes:
- Remove the PinSettings component from project and add new PinSettings component from Components Library. This process adds missing fsl_clock_manager component to the project too.
- Press the button Generate Processor Expert Code and project should be generated without errors.
- Remove the duplicate main.c module – the main_backup.c file (copy content of the old main.c module into the new one created by PEx) and delete the old version of the file (main_backup.c)
- Processor Expert includes all IO maps and startup files. Therefore all IO maps and startup files from the original C project must be removed.
- Processor Expert generate linker file ProcessorExpert.xxx (e.g. file ProcessorExpert.icf for IAR ARM C Compiler). Therefore all linker command files from the original C project must be removed.