Wi-Fi Display Sink in i.MX6 Android release

Document created by Haoran Wang Employee on Sep 3, 2014Last modified by Haoran Wang Employee on Sep 8, 2015
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

** If you cannot access the www.youtube.com you may watch the Wi-Fi Display Sink Demo in here: **

********      http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzczMzQ2MTc2.html             ********

youku.png

1.gif

We already have the strong i.MX 6 to support the Android kitkat now. So we also develop the WiFi Display Sink in it.

With Wi-FI Display technology we can cast the screen and audio to another one via Wi-Fi P2p. It's also named the Miracast.

Freescale extends Android by offering a Wi-Fi Display Sink feature. The Wi-Fi hardware module used for this feature are the Realtek RTL8821AS , RTL8723AS and AR6233 SDIO Cards. But the design of this feature allows porting to any Wi-Fi hardware module. Using the Freescale Wi-Fi Display Sink API and the demonstration application, users can easily develop their own Sink Application. This feature has been verified using several of the most popular Android phones and tablets.

Our Wi-Fi Display has the following highlight feature:

• Low latency
  • Support UIBC (When Source device uses Freescale Android maddev_kk4.4.3-2.0.0)
  • Rapid recovery from network congestion
  • Compatibility to different vendor Wi-Fi chips and Wi-Fi Display devices

From the demo video we can cast the stopwatch and measure the latency by it. Here are the high quality video shots and we can calculate the real latency which less than 200ms!

WP_20140903_18_17_55_Pro.mp4_20140904_102058.313.jpg

WP_20140903_18_17_55_Pro.mp4_20140904_102357.372.jpg

For the WiFi Display Spec the orange ones in below figure were achieved in our WiFi Display.

20140903232255.png

Reference pages:

Miracast - Wikipedia

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast | Wi-Fi Alliance

41-niutuku.com-222633.jpg 

For more information and details about Wi-Fi Display Sink in i.MX6, please send inquiry to L2manager-android@freescale.com .

1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes