cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in linker script after upgrading to version 11.1

cescvaro
Contributor II

Hi,

I've recently upgraded a project to MCUXpresso 11.1.1_3241 from version 10.3.1_2233 and it needed some effort to perform the upgrade but now the project compile without problems.

But now I have a lot of error from the GNU Linker(I think from the parser) - in the project we are using a custom made ld files.

Here a screenshot of the errors

linker_error.png

In the previous version we had none of them.

what is strange is that all these .ld files are in folder that are excluded from compilation - but yes also our custom ld reports error but different from those arm and gcc related.

I've also removed from error parsers the GNU Linker, but error are still here.

config.png

I'm able to flash the davice, but is quite annoying to have all these errors signaled.

thx

regards,

Francesco

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

cescvaro
Contributor II

bump

is it possible to deactivete this funcionality?

thx

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Francesco,

as a workaround to disable/deactivate it:

pastedImage_1.png

Then

pastedImage_2.png

finally delete any pending errors in the Problems View:

pastedImage_3.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

cescvaro
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

thx for the answer and for opening a ticket.

Unfortunately, if I perform a clean+rebuild, errors are raised again :smileysad:

What is strange:

nxp.png

In the project settings, I can't disable them.

regards,

fv

DaPa1
Contributor III

I confirm that this solution doesn't work (configuring .ld to be opened with text editor). After rebuild the errors reappears annoyingly:

DaPa1_0-1634841518310.png

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Franccesco,

please do *not* change the error parsers: they have nothing to do what we are discussing here.

Instead, change the editor selection as I have shown above. I did that with your files and it worked as expected.

Erich

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Francesco,

to my knowldedge there is no option to disable it (but I had submitted a ticket asking for it).

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There seems to be a problem with the actual linker script awareness feature that was added in IDE v11.0.0. The errors are harmless from a build/debug perspective. Most likely, they are the result of an incomplete grammar implementation inside the IDE. With this in mind, would you please attach the linker scripts that generate the problems seen in the screenshot?

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

cescvaro
Contributor II

Hi,

in attachment.

There seems to be a problem with the actual linker script awareness feature that was added in IDE v11.0.0. => yeah, looks like. There is a way to disable it ?

Consider that error are also raised/deteced in ARM generic linkser scripts like ARMCMx.ld and gcc_cs.ld.

regads,

fv

0 Kudos