cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Custom class for RT106x

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I need to make support for some PC tools we are using for an existing product (LPC2458/LPC1788/LPC54608). On this we are using a custom USB class (using 2 bulk endpoints transferring data from device to PC and 2 bulk endpoints transferring data from PC to the device).
I can't find any examples on custom classes in the RT10xx SDK's, there are a lot of the usual CDC, HID etc etc, but these are tightly "mangled" in with the USB library and it seems like a daunting task to take this apart to make a custom class driver (LOTS of #define and undocumented stuff going on). 

This thread explains what I'm trying to accomplish, the thread is from when I did the porting to LPC5460x devices: https://community.nxp.com/thread/447669 

Basically what I'm after is something along the lines of this...

Are there any examples "out there" for doing this, or am I totally on my own ??

Labels (1)
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carsten Groen,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd highly recommend you to create a custom USB demo by referring to the attachment.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

Thanks jeremyzhou,

I will have a look at these. I guess this means that there are no examples around for a custom class then

0 Kudos

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

Have anyone here done something along the lines of a Bulk/Custom USB class for the RT105x/6x processors ? 

Could really use some help here.....

0 Kudos

richarddonkin
Contributor III

Hi Carsten.

I'm in the same predicament as you. I need to implement the USBTMC class on the RT105x. No solution yet.

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

Thanks Richard,

I find it strange that there is not a single example for Custom USB class in all the wonderful examples that comes with the SDK :smileysad:, such a pity

0 Kudos