AnsweredAssumed Answered

TWRKV58F i2c / accelerometer

Question asked by TurboMan on Sep 22, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 by Alice_Yang

I was very kindly provided with an early TWRKV58F220M board by an NXP rep. However, I'm having trouble getting the i2c working. I was given a software package which was basically an early version of the SDK for KV58F. It has various examples in.

I can get the example project working, if I import this from the SDK (i2c callback project), talking to the accelerometer and retrieving the WHO_AM_I reg from the on board FXOS8700. But, this is a referenced project. I cannot add files.

I have created a processor expert project, and set up an I2C bean, which didn't work.

I have over-written the I2C drivers with the specific KV58F drivers from the software package I was given. this didn't work either.

I have used the project generation tool, but this requests a library I cannot add in by the usual method and produces this error:

make: *** No rule to make target '../../lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KV58F22/debug/libksdk_platform.a', needed by 'KV58F_PGTest_MKV58F1M0VLQ22.elf'.

Even when the library is included and the path to it added. Library specified as "ksdk_platform".

When the i2c does transmit, I am getting a NACK in any other project than the example project. The start condition appears fine, the data and clock lines both appear to work ok, and identically, but only the example project gets an ACK from the accelerometer.

Any help would be great.

Outcomes