How do i to porting android 6.0 u-boot for mfgtool ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i to porting android 6.0 u-boot for mfgtool ?

david5icp
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I want to upgrade my platform (refer to sabred board) to android M6. My first question is how to get a correct u-boot file for MFGTool (android_m6.0.1_1.0.0_ga_tool.tar.gz) for my board ? I modified some parameters to match with  my board on file "board\freescale\mx6sabresd\mx6q_4x_mt41j128.cfg" and then make u-boot.

I copy u-boot.imx to \mfgtools_m6.0.1_1.0.0_ga\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware and replace to old one (u-boot-imx6qsabresd_sd.imx). Then open MFGTool. It's fail and show ""Boot" body="BootStrap" error, file="E:\temp\Pancake-IMX6\mfgtools_m6.0.1_1.0.0_ga\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware\u-boot-imx6qsabresd_sd.imx". The log as attached file. And I cann't get  any messgage on my debug port.

How do i to debug ?

Thanks!

David Wu

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool-M6.log.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

If you want to debug, you must to enable the uart.

You may look at schematic to see the difference and modify the /board/freescale/mx6sabresd/mx6sabresd.c.

static iomux_v3_cfg_t const uart1_pads[] = {
   MX6_PAD_CSI0_DAT10__UART1_TX_DATA | MUX_PAD_CTRL(UART_PAD_CTRL),
   MX6_PAD_CSI0_DAT11__UART1_RX_DATA | MUX_PAD_CTRL(UART_PAD_CTRL),
};

All the best

Kane

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

for mfg tools it is necessary to use recipy u-boot-mfgtool as shown in

sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool  attached Yocto Guide

also pay attention to uboot/include/configs/mx6sabre_common.h

CONFIG_MFG_ENV_SETTINGS

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos