How to run Freemaster on S12G through CAN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run Freemaster on S12G through CAN

Contributor II

Hello

I want to run Freemaster on S12G MCU through CAN interface. Where to get the Freemaster SW package (Communication driver) that runs on S12G MCU? In CW5.1 ProcessorExpert, I can't find Freemaster component. I only found the SW package for Kenitis and DSC. The SW package is the embeded MCU communication drivers of SCI, CAN, USB ...

Regards,

dp

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

JardaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hou,

The FreeMASTER serial driver (https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FMASTERSCIDRV&appType=license&location=null&fasp=1...)

supports also the S12 family. The Serial driver package contains the example application for 9S12DP256 (c:\Freescale\FreeMASTER_Serial_Communication_Driver_V1.8\examples\HC12\9S12DP256\).

The responsibility of the application is to initialize the communication interface, configure pins and define base address of the communication interface and interrupt in freemaster_cfg.h (FMSTR_CAN_BASE, FMSTR_CAN_RX_INTERRUPT, FMSTR_CAN_TX_INTERRUPT).

The example application shows you, how can be MSCAN module initializes. I have checked the registers on both CPUs (S12DP and S12G) and they are equal -> you can use same initialization routine, you have to set the baudrate correctly.
I recommend you to use the FreeMASTER driver this way.

The second option is the procesor expert. The FreeMASTER component was defined only for DSC at the begin. Three year ago I enhanced this component for all platforms, which are supported by CW10.x. The S12G is not supporteed by CW10.x and CW5.1 was released, when FreeMASTER component was not ready for S12 devices. This is reason, why you cannot find the FreeMASTER component in the CW5.1.

Please make sure, that your CAN interface on PC is supported by the FreeMASTER tool

• CANcard-compatible cards based on VCAND 4.3.60 driver from Vector Informatik GmbH or above. Tested with CANcardX and CANcardXL PCMCIA cards and CANcaseXL with USB interface.
  • USB-to-CAN devices based on VCI driver V3.0 from IXXAT or above. Tested with USB-to-CAN Compact inteface.
  • NI-CAN devices based on nican driver 2.6.3 from National Instruments or above. Tested with NI PCMCIA-CAN/2 card.
  • G-Linker CAN adapters based on G-Linker VCI driver V3.3. Plug-in was tested with the GY8507 adapter.
  • ZLG CAN adapters based on modified VCI driver. Plug-in was tested with the ZLG USBCAN-II adapter.

Regard,

Jaroslav

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi Jaroslav,

Thank you! Nice to see you on the Community :smileyhappy:

I have made Freemaster worked on S12G through CAN communication. I use ZLG USBCAN-II adapter (popular in China).

The CAN settting is as below.

无标题.png

Regards,

dp

0 Kudos

xinzhujiang
Contributor I

我也有同样的问题,问下你用的什么can卡,我用的CAN卡在FreeMaster里一直找不到驱动。如果方便可以加我微信1163032094.谢谢

0 Kudos

JardaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee