Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN_LDD usage

Jump to solution
serhatitu
Contributor III

Hello,

Is anyone know how to use Can_Ldd component?

how can i communicate with another devise which supports CAN using can_ldd bean?

Is real time operasting system necessary for can comm?

i need one example about can comm?

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you are right, I have described only component setup. You need to duplicate the projects and slightly modified code for both boards.

For the first try, it should work to just remove the stroke-through lines and keep only receiver part in receiver project and transmitter part for transmitter according to this picture:

can.png

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
serhatitu
Contributor III

Hello Petr,

i have already tried demo project. It worked successfully.It is simple because no need another CAN node, so no need any reception.

i need working CAN example code from node to node, not loopback example.

why i can not find any example except loopback example?

Could you please send another example?

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I currently don't have any other project. However, it should be quite simple to change the CAN demo project to work between two boards.

Open the inspector if the CAN_LDD component and change the 'Loop mode' property  to 'no'. Then re-generate the code, build  and run the project.

The communication will be performed via selected RX and TX pins and you can interconnect two boards.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
serhatitu
Contributor III

How about the codes Petr?

Should i upload same codes to two boards, i think it must be different.

In loopback example it is sending  and also receiving data itself. Therefore i think uploading same code to two boards will cause problem.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you are right, I have described only component setup. You need to duplicate the projects and slightly modified code for both boards.

For the first try, it should work to just remove the stroke-through lines and keep only receiver part in receiver project and transmitter part for transmitter according to this picture:

can.png

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
agungdeffendi
Contributor I

Hi Petr,

I would like to create CAN communication between two kinetis k60D100M board. I already create 2 different project, CAN Transmit and CAN Receive. But when I'm trying to run the project, it seems to be not working. Is there any hardware configuration (jumper) should I made? Thanks for you help.

send.PNG.png !

receive.PNG.png

0 Kudos
zhongshen
Contributor III

Hi agungdeffendi

I have met the same problem. If you fix it please share your solution.

Thanks.

Zhong Shen

0 Kudos
serhatitu
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

i have succeeded. Unfortunately i have had a hardware problem . My second board's interface does not work.

i have changed it . Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Great! You are welcome.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
serhatitu
Contributor III

Thanks Petr ,

i am using TWR-K60512 i have another board including same mcu.(MK60DN512Z)

i can not communicate each other using CAN_LDD. i have already looked help document

could you send an example ?

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There is a ready to use simple loop-back example project within the Processor Expert installation.

If you are using CodeWarrior, find it at {CW_for_MCUs}\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K60N512\CAN

If you are using PEx driver suite, you can find it at {PEx_drv_suite}\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Projects\TWR-K60N512\CAN

For instructions on how to import the demos into your workspace look at Where can I find Processor Expert examples and tutorials in CodeWarrior?

or  Where can I find Processor Expert examples and tutorials in Driver Suite?

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Which MCU are you using ?

You can find basic code examples in the Typical usage page of the component. To open it, use the command Help on component from the component pop-up menu and choose Component CAN_LDD Typical Usage in the Help view.

Regarding the read time operation system - no, it's not necessary, you can use the component without it in a bare-board projects.

best regards

Petr Hradsky