i.MXRT Production tool: RT-Flash v1.0.0 is released

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.1 Introduction

RT-Flash is a GUI tool specially designed for i.MX RT production. Its feature is similar to MfgTool2, but it solves below limitaions of MfgTool2:

• The .sb file can only be specified in xml file;
  • USB port is the only choice to download .sb file;
  • Sometimes USB Hub is required to connect;

With RT-Flash, you can easily get started with NXP MCU secure boot. The main features of RT-Flash include:

• Support i.MXRT1015, i.MXRT1021, i.MXRT1051/1052, i.MXRT1061/1062, i.MXRT1064 SIP
  • Support both UART and USB-HID serial downloader modes
  • Support for loading .sb image file into boot device

1.2 Download

RT-Flash is developed in Python, and it is open source. The development environment is Python 2.7.15 (32bit), wxPython 4.0.3, pySerial 3.4, pywinusb 0.4.2, PyInstaller 3.3.1 (or higher).

RT-Flash is packaged by PyInstaller, all Python dependencies have been packaged into an executable file (\RT-Flash\bin\RT-Flash.exe), so if you do not want to develop RT-Flash for new feature, there is no need to install any Python software or related libraries.

Note1: The RT-Flash.exe in the source code package is packaged in the Windows 10 x64 environment and has only been tested in this environment. If it cannot be used directly for system environment reasons, you need to install Python2.7.15 x86 version (Confirm that the directory "\Python27" and "\Python27\Scripts" are in the system environment variable path after the installation is completed), then click on "do_setup_by_pip.bat" in the "\RT-Flash\env" directory to install the Python library on which RT-Flash depends. Finally, click "do_pack_by_pyinstaller.bat" to regenerate the RT-Flash.exe.

Note2: You must use Python2 x86 version, because RT-Flash uses the pywinusb library, which cannot be packaged by PyInstaller in Python2 x64 version. The pywinusb author has no plan to fix the problem.

1.3 Installation

RT-Flash is a pure green free installation tool. After downloading the source code package, double-click "\RT-Flash\bin\RT-Flash.exe" to use it. No additional software is required.
  Before the RT-Flash.exe graphical interface is displayed, a console window will pop up first. The console will work along with the RT-Flash.exe graphical interface. The console is mainly for the purpose of showing error information of RT-Flash.exe. At present, RT-Flash is still in development stage, and the console will be removed when the RT-Flash is fully validated.

1.4 Interface

RT-Flash_v1.0.0.PNG

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎04-19-2019 07:45 AM
Updated by: