cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx RT 1062 not responding after using DCD file

francesco_pedrini
Contributor I

Hello,

on my custom board I need to set up variables in SDRAM at startup so I need to use DCD file in my project . As electric scheme is very similare to the EVK one I used the EVK DCD file, set up the macros 

XIP_BOOT_HEADER_DCD_ENABLE=1

SKIP_SYSCLK_INIT

( I'm using MCUXpresso 11.4.1 and a jlink for debug/program )

I was able to program and start debugging, but then I lost control over uC: I can't no more program or debug with jlink. I found that even if the uC is correctly powered there are no clocks from external crystal 

Before I tried to set up variables in SDRAM I could debug and program without any problems

So, what did I do wrong? Is ther a way to regain control over uC?

Thanks in advance

Francesco

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
From my experience, I'd highly recommend you to check the circuit of connecting SDRAM at first, next, please confirm the DCD file whether is suitable for the SDRAM on your custom board.
Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

alessioschisano
Contributor III

Ok, but is there a possible reason to explain the losing of control of the swdio port? We can't flash it after this problem

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) But is there a possible reason to explain the losing of control of the swdio port? We can't flash it after this problem
-- The phenomenon usually happens after a crash event arises and you can try the below steps to recover.
1) Set the boot setting to Serial Downloader.
2) Power on the board, debug the demo project.
3) After that, power off and recover the boot setting to the previous set, then power on again.
4) Give a debug again.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos