yocto bitbake build freezes at recipe qt4-x11-free-1_4.8.5-r0: task do_compile: Started

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto bitbake build freezes at recipe qt4-x11-free-1_4.8.5-r0: task do_compile: Started

Jump to solution
alvind
Contributor III

Hello,

I am building an image using the "bitbake fsl-image-x11" command. Bitbake seems to run through all the tasks but the output freezes at "recipe qt4-x11-free-1_4.8.5-r0: task do_compile: Started". I have tried stopping bitbake and rebuilding, but it always stops at the same task. I am using a Ubuntu 12.04 VM running on Oracle Virtualbox. Here is my local.conf:

MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabresd'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
     STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
     ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '16'
PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 16'

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""
INHERIT += "rm_work"

This is my build configuration:

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.20.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"
TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "imx6qsabresd"
DISTRO            = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.5.3"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"
meta
meta-yocto
meta-oe
meta-fsl-arm
meta-fsl-arm-extra
meta-fsl-demos
meta-fsl-arm
meta-fsl-demos
meta-browser
meta-gnome
meta-networking   = "branch:e9f640dce8c13e99ab4d6eecb574d34e26dda958"

I am new to Linux and the Yocto Project, and have been trying to resolve this for days now, so any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone wants to see the whole log file please let me know.

Thanks,
Alvin

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
ondrejryska
Contributor II

Hi,

what do you mind as "freeze" ? Entire Ubuntu freeze and not reaction or throw some error? Or output "recipe qt4-x11-free-1_4.8.5-r0: task do_compile: Started" stay in terminal a long time? If so, is possible that is not freeze, only this action takes a long time. This may be related with your computer performance. Let work this action long time, may couple of hours. Maybe action will be execute and building will continue.

Regards,

Ondrej Ryska

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alvind
Contributor III

Hello jimmychan and Ondrej,

While bitbake was still running I ran the top and ps command and found out that python is a zombie process throughout the build, also "cc1plus", which is the preprocessor, was also marked as "D" or in uninterruptible sleep, I'm not sure if that's the cause. Anyway as jimmychan said I'll try to check if I missed some packages.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
ondrejryska
Contributor II

Hi,

what do you mind as "freeze" ? Entire Ubuntu freeze and not reaction or throw some error? Or output "recipe qt4-x11-free-1_4.8.5-r0: task do_compile: Started" stay in terminal a long time? If so, is possible that is not freeze, only this action takes a long time. This may be related with your computer performance. Let work this action long time, may couple of hours. Maybe action will be execute and building will continue.

Regards,

Ondrej Ryska

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

https://community.freescale.com/message/422243#422243

You may missed installing some of the dependent packages in the host.