Hello, it's my first time in Yocto and NXP product.
So please understand some part of my question is weird.
I'm trying to do port the code from (A)u-boot 2009 to (B)u-boot 2020.
(A) contains some double, float operation, it's about OLED setting.
(A) compiles with no problem, toolchain is "gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12"
I copied these OLED setting code to my (B)u-boot 2020.
There happened build errors from several reasons.
1) when libgcc is not linked, "undefined reference to `__aeabi_d2iz'" occurred.
2) after libgcc provided, -msoft-float option conflicted with
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi- tool chain's libgcc.a, it supports only hardfp(?.. I'm not sure)
So I changed config.mk and some defconfigs like below
now I can build without error
but when it's executed "undefined instruction" error shown and stopped.
This is my recent three days work.
And my question is.
1) Can I modify my given (yocto provided) toolchain ARM-POKY-LINUX-GNUEABI- to support softfp enabled libgcc.a?
2) If 1) is not possible, can I build (B)u-boot 2020 with "gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12" toolchain?
3) Any opinions why "undefined instruction" happens?
If any of above answers are "YES" then please let me know how..
I modified source/meta-freescale/conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc
DEFAULTTUNE_mx6 ?= "cortexa9thf-neon" --> "cortexa9t-neon"
and rebuilt toolchain and got softfp toolchain and libgcc.
u-boot built with no error and runs well.
Am I doing right?