this is my board info:

HW:

imx6q

SW:

linux-3.0.35

Qt-5.4

I can open my usb camera with gstream tool, this:

gst-launch v4l2src ! mfw_v4lsink

but it can't when i use Qt mulitmedias examples such as declarative-camera or qmlvideo, it has this log:

# ./qmlvideo
QEglFSImx6Hooks will set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync.
 If this is not desired, you can override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI_BUFFER=1
Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.camera"
qml: [qmlvideo] CameraItem.onError error function() { [code] } errorString The camera service is missing

I don't know what is wrong with it, and what should i do, can you help me, and anything else of info do you want?

Labels (2)
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi fulin,

Apparently you also need to install QtGstreamer since camera plugin was not found. Maybe launch with QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 env . However 3.0.35 its quite old for testing with yocto, since yocto does not have qml video support, it need to be installed separately, I strongly recommend to upgrade to latest  bsp kernel support 4.1.15

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

fulinux
Contributor IV

thank you.