cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q board support

EinarMar
Contributor IV

Hi there

I am trying to add a basic linux board support for our custom made board based on i.MX6Q.

I have basically copied the imx6q related files in arch/arm/mach-imx folder and only managed to get the kernel running up to the point it starts initializing the clock/timer framework.

There it stops on of_clk_init(NULL) as is defined in clk-imx6q.c.

My main question is however how should I exploit the imx6q code defined in clk-imx6q.c and other files in there ? that is how to actually call these methods since they are defined static.

I am a bit confused on how to make my approach because at the end of clk-imx6q.c there is only CLK_OF_DECLARE(imx6q, "fsl,imx6q-ccm", imx6q_clocks_init) and I am not sure how to call the imx6q_clocks_init in my board support file.

What is the right way of starting my board support ? that is, how can I exploit the imx6q code already there and should be enough for me to start with in order to have the SoC configured at least.

I'm just trying to orientate myself in this landscape.

Hope this question isn't to confusing

regards

Einar

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
5 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Einar

Since no reply from you, we will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Einar

If I understand your question correctly, you want to add a new i.mx6q board support, to do that, you need to add a new board dts file, such as arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi, arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-arm2.dts etc..

The CLK_OF_DECLARE(imx6q, "fsl,imx6q-ccm", imx6q_clocks_init) will be called as long as you have the comptible name of "fsl,imx6q-ccm" in the dts file, which is located in arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl.dtsi.

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also learned a lot! Thank you!

regards,

Tony

0 Kudos

EinarMar
Contributor IV

Thanks for the reply Huang

I've managed to get it running now and the majority of the work was in the dts :smileyhappy:

This enabled support for most of the parts but the rest will have to be resolved with some code.

This project has really demonstrated to me the power of dts, I practically didn't have to do a single line of code to get our custom made board running with most of the parts operating.

regards

Einar

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Great, then can you close this topic, thanks in advanced!