Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 SPI-NOR boot.

Jump to solution
anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

I am facing issue in SPI boot on i.MX6Q based Solo board.  When I boot image  from SD card and flash the u-boot binary to SPI flash ,  write is successful and able to read and erase the SPI NOR memory. But Uboot is not coming up once I change the boot media to SPI.

Below are the lines which I have used for SPI

EIM_D17 - MISO.alt1

EIM_D18 - MOSI.alt1

CSI0_DAT4 - CLOCK.alt2

EIM_EB2 - Chip Select

When we probed, the CS signal is appearing but no clock signals are coming. But the clock signals are being generated during read and write operations except during boot.

Can we use CSI0_DAT4 for clock instead of  EIM_D16.alt1? Is  EIM_D16.alt1 is mandatory for SPI NOR Boot?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Only predefined pin muxing configurations - shown in Table 8-24 (SPI IOMUX

Pin Configuration) of the iMX6 DQ RM, Rev. 3, 07/2015 - are supported by boot ROM

for SPI boot. This means it is possible to use any possible pin muxing configuration,

after boot, but NOT for boot.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Only predefined pin muxing configurations - shown in Table 8-24 (SPI IOMUX

Pin Configuration) of the iMX6 DQ RM, Rev. 3, 07/2015 - are supported by boot ROM

for SPI boot. This means it is possible to use any possible pin muxing configuration,

after boot, but NOT for boot.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos