cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 MIPI CSI2 support for V4L2 subdev

pinkpr
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm currently trying to use an OV5640 MIPI camera with an i.MX6DL-based board.

I'm using a 4.1 Linux Kernel from Freescale (linux-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree  , branch rel_imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga).

V4L2 seems to have subdevices-subsystem implemented in this Linux version, so I'd need the V4L2-subdev support for both OV5640 sensor and i.MX6 MIPI CSI interface.

But, only the OV5640 V4L2 subdev driver is implemented in my Kernel version.

I have several questions so :

1. Am I doing something wrong ?
  2. Is it possible to have an OV5640 + MIPI CSI working on an 4.1 Freescale Linux Kernel ?
  3. Is the i.MX6 MIPI CSI V4L2 subdev driver staging somewhere ?

Thank you for reading and taking time to answer :-)

P.O.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Pierre-Olivier

according to sect.19.1.3 Source Code Structure attached Linux Manual:

There are two different software architectures for the OV5640 driver. One is the V4L2
internal interface architecture for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite IPU
CSI/MIPI CSI. Driver source code is in the directory:
<Yocto_BuildDir>/linux/drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture
The other is the V4L2 sub-devices architecture for i.MX 6SoloLite, i.MX 6SoloX, i.MX
7Dual CSI/MIPI CSI. Driver source code is in the directory:
<Yocto_BuildDir>/linux/drivers/media/platform/mxc/subdev

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pinkpr
Contributor II

Hi Igor, thanks for the fast answer.

I actually don't know how to disable the "subdev mode" of V4L2 and OV5640 driver.

According to my tests, V4L2 seems to be always running in subdev mode, and so the OV5640-subdev driver can't bind with the MIPI CSI driver (that is not a subdev driver).

P.O.

0 Kudos