cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom imx8mm is not booting from sdcard

Mostafa_Ronia
Contributor I

Hi,

We have a custom imx8mm6 board. The first time, we tried to boot with SD but we saw no outputs in LCD (connected with MIPI flat). 

• We checked the schematic of the board and found that the BOOT_Mode:[1:0] related pins are connected to the nowhere.

Mostafa_Ronia_1-1704812577725.jpeg

• We prepared the image in different approaches: 1- Pre-built images in nxp page, 2-Built using build-root, 3-Built using yokto project. Tested all but still no results.
  • We pulled up the BOOT_1 pad so to have BOOT_MODE becomes 0b10. Still no results!
  • We tried to connect to the serial console connected to UART_2, however no outputs there (absolutely nothing)

We want to debug and find the root cause of the problem and how to solve that?

• Moreover, we guess that maybe the ROM log event can guide us to find the issue. However, we don't know how to get access to this log event.
  • We can connect to the JTAG via JLINK and all the chains are identified along as Cortex-A53 and Cortex-M4. 
  • Also, we was able to were able to read some information. But we don't know how to trace the ROM event log. 

Mostafa_Ronia_2-1704813021585.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

it looks like some problem with uart, but you need to base your design on the EVK so please download the schematic from:

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/e...

Regards

0 Kudos

Mostafa_Ronia
Contributor I

Yes actually we checked the schematic. We have pulled up the BOOT_1 but the boot configurations are not setup correctly. I suspect that the ROM boot will check all available boot media even if the boot configs are set to zero. is that right?  If not we should apply some modifications on the board. 

Also, we are using a MIPI LCD (https://focuslcds.com/product/e55rb-i-mw346-c/). We connected with a flat cable and appropriate connectors. How we should configure the OS for that? Is that needed for pre-built OS on nxp website ?

0 Kudos