cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbake do_rootfs error

matthiasalbrech
Contributor III

Hi,

I try to bitbake a small x11 Image for i.mx6. For that I use example Image "core-image-x11". But the end of bitbaking the following error occurs:

==============================

Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Error: Transaction check error:
  file /etc/X11/Xsession conflicts between attempted installs of xserver-nodm-init-3.0-r31.var_som_mx6 and mini-x-session-0.1-r4.armv7at2hf_neon

Error Summary
-------------

ERROR: core-image-x11-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/malbrecht/var-fslc-yocto/build_minimal_x11/tmp/work/var_som_mx6-fslc-linux-gnueabi/core-image-x11/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.28200

=========================

does anybody know how to solve such errors? I read that I have to use "update-alternatives.bbclass" , but I am a beginner in yocto and don't know how exactly use update-alternatives.

thanks,

Matthias

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

matthiasalbrech
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for your response. Bitbaking core-image-minimal, fsl-image-gui or bitbake-fsl-qt5 worked fine. But for my own, customized, image I need a very small Image with X11. Thats why I want to build core-image-x11. Perhaps there is another basic example Image I could use?

I removed the build folder 2 times, but the error occurs always. I thought the same like you, that there is a problem with local.conf. So I tried it without changes and I have the same problems:

==========================

MACHINE ??= 'var-som-mx6'
DISTRO ?= 'fslc-x11'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "debug-tweaks"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,/tmp,100M,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,/tmp,10M,1K"
#PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
#PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1"

==========================

I use a Variscite Board with BSP which is based on Freescale/NXP Community BSP Layer: GitHub - varigit/variscite-bsp-platform: Variscite FSL community based BSP platform . But Variscite extends this layer, so perhaps that could be the problem?

thanks for your help

0 Kudos

matthiasalbrech
Contributor III

I solved the problem. Weeks ago I added a recipe I copied from my predecessor, there I could find mini-x-session, too. I removed it and now it works. Sorry for that and thanks for your help

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthias,

One reason could be that you config is broken. Please follow exactly the Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf for the information on how to prepare environment and build a BSP image.

Another reason could be that the conf/local.conf is broken, if you added anything on this file please double check what you posted there.

Try to remove the build folder and re-make all the config steps again and try to issue again the bitbake command.

Please consider taht the recommended Ubuntu version is 14.04, earlier versions may cause the Yocto Project build setup to fail, because it requires python versions and Ubuntu 16.04 users have commented on errors during build for sdl. To fix this comment out in local.conf the

If the problem persists and you are using a NXP BSP (git.freescale.com > fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git) please let me know which BSP are you using and your local.conf configuration. If you are using any FSL Community BSP (https://github.com/Freescale/) you may subscribe the FSL Community BSP mailing list at freescale.github.io to talk directly with the developers and other users.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos