android hangs in open_devnull_stdio() ( inside init)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android hangs in open_devnull_stdio() ( inside init)

Jump to solution
VAISAKH
Contributor II

Dear all,

I have a imx6q based hardware ) .I am trying to port  android on it. I am using  freescale r13.3  android .

With NFS its works fine..

But booting from SD cards fails.After digging through init code I found it hangs in side

open_devnull_stdio().. function at  dup2(fd,1);

Please see bootargs below,

bootargs=console=ttymxc0 , 115200 init=/init rw video=mxcfb0  fbmem=5M vmalloc=400M root=/dev/mmcblk0p4 androidboot.console=ttymxc0 ..

( Using UART1 for debugging )

please help me

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

Hi Vaisakh,

In reviewing your kernel boot arguments, I don't know if you have provided the complete set, but I would suggest removing the 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p4' option.  This is not necessary to explicitly define the root file system since the root file system is a composite of the RAM disk and mounted file systems.

If the above suggestion does not work, it would also be helpful to attach the output of the console when the kernel boots.  This would provide the entire kernel command line and potential insight into what might be happening.

On a side note, we are moving away from supporting R13.3 release for i.MX 6 since the supported release is the R13.4 GA release.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardZhao
Contributor I

Could you prove full log and memory size? And you can also try to decrease vmalloc=xxx.

0 Kudos
VAISAKH
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.I have tried  with  the vmalloc = 128 and 64 M but hanged at the same place .)

Please see my logs attached with this post

Memory is 2GB ....

With thanks

Vaisakh N

0 Kudos
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

Hi Vaisakh,

In reviewing your kernel boot arguments, I don't know if you have provided the complete set, but I would suggest removing the 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p4' option.  This is not necessary to explicitly define the root file system since the root file system is a composite of the RAM disk and mounted file systems.

If the above suggestion does not work, it would also be helpful to attach the output of the console when the kernel boots.  This would provide the entire kernel command line and potential insight into what might be happening.

On a side note, we are moving away from supporting R13.3 release for i.MX 6 since the supported release is the R13.4 GA release.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
VAISAKH
Contributor II

Anybody,Please help?

0 Kudos