cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto with OpenCV support

Jump to solution
gauthier
Contributor III

I am trying to build OpenCV and include it in my yocto distribution, as per Computer Vision on i.MX Processors: Building OpenCV-2.4.X for Freescale's i.MX6 BSP (Yocto)

However, I have troubles with numpy. See the attached log.do_compile.2791.

It looks to me like some libraries are missing (mkl, vml, guide, ptf77blas, ...).

It also looks like (end of the log file) the linker is trying to link to my host's /usr/bin instead of taking the target's:

| /home/gauthier/freescale-fsl/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/libexec/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.8.1/ld: warning: library search path "/usr/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| /usr/lib/liblapack.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized

It might be trying to access this since the necessary package for the target is not available in the target's rootfs. When looking for mkl, vml, it does search the target's rootfs first, then falls back to the host's (row 7 of the log).

The blog tutorial has comments that suggest I am not alone in this, however the commenter just disabled python to solve the problem.

I would like to build a yocto distribution with support for OpenCV (including python an numpy) any idea what I might be doing wrong? I am working on the dora branch (ee17367838).

Original Attachment has been moved to: log.do_compile.2791.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gauthier
Contributor III

Using the daisy release instead of dora solved the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gauthier
Contributor III

Using the daisy release instead of dora solved the problem.

0 Kudos