Yocto 4.1 where in build to tweak nand parameters?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto 4.1 where in build to tweak nand parameters?

Jump to solution
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

We've changed the nand to a slightly smaller variant but within the device blocks and pages sizes are considerable different. Problem is the device id is the same for both confusing pretty much everything, mainly uboot.

1) The old LTIB build I could tweak the parameters in nand_device_info.c but how is the equivalent achieved in Yocto? 

2) How where/does Yocto detect the type of nand, more importantly in my immediate case is this information passed to uboot?

Thanks.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edward

one can look in

linux/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c
linux-imx.git - i.MX Linux Kernel 
uboot/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c
uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edward

one can look in

linux/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c
linux-imx.git - i.MX Linux Kernel 
uboot/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c
uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Thanks, does modern linux and u-boot set a specific nand device in the BSP like 2.6 did or is this just achieved by probing?

Headache is I need to change the page size in my nand - more so uboot at the moment. I have a nand chip which shares its device id with its bigger version - but paging size etc is different.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you can debug these sources and add necessary record for that particular nand.

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Found info in nand.h. Thanks.

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Cheers, just a little more info, what are the exact descriptions of the parameters in RED ( for me to match my nand )

{"MT29F4G08ABAEAH4:E 4G 3.3V 8-bit",

{ .id = {0x2c, 0xdc, 0x90, 0xA6, 0x54} },

SZ_8K, SZ_8K, SZ_2M, 0, 8, 640, NAND_ECC_INFO(40, SZ_1K) },

I need to know which one is page size, block size, page size in bytes etc.

0 Kudos