cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use JTAG debugger imx8qxp colibri with an M4 application in DDR

gmterhorst
Contributor II

Hi,

We have a working debugger setup in Windows with SEGGER Ozone when the M4_0 application is linked for TCM memory.
We can also successfully run a TCM or a DDR application when the M4_0 is started from U-Boot. The one thing we cannot do is upload a DDR application via SEGGER Ozone (or any other JTAG debugger/flasher for that matter).

Is it possible to do such a thing, or can DDR applications only be loaded via the SCU/U-Boot? And if it is possible: how?

Kind regards,

Thijs

5 Replies

gmterhorst
Contributor II

Hi Dhruvit,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it is not the answer I am looking for. As I tried to explain in the first line, we can successfully run an example with JTAG from Windows when compiling for TCM. We can also successfully run a TCM or a DDR application when the M4_0 is started from U-Boot. The one thing we cannot do is upload a DDR application via JTAG.

Is it possible to do such a thing, or can DDR applications only be loaded via the SCU/U-Boot? And if it is possible: how?

Kind regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gmterhorst,

I hope you are doing well

The one thing we cannot do is upload a DDR application via JTAG.
=> Please confirm the term "DDR application" is the binary for the M4 core or not.
Kindly mention where you are trying to upload the application i.e. MMC or DDR etc.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada
0 Kudos

gmterhorst
Contributor II

Hi @Dhruvit 

I am indeed talking about the binary for the M4_0 core in the imx8qxp, which we link to run from DDR (similar to what the "build_ddr_release.sh"/"build_ddr_debug.sh" scripts in all the SDK examples armgcc directories do).

Kind regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gmterhorst,

I hope you are doing well.

Yes, Before loading the application, the DDR should be initialized properly that's why the DDR application can be loaded via SCU/Uboot. Direct loading of the application without Uboot is not possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada

0 Kudos

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gmterhorst,

I hope you are doing well

To run the application using JTAG, kindly refer to section 5.1.3 Run an example application(Linux host) and section 5.2.3 Run an example application(windows host) from the document Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX 8QuadXPlus

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada
0 Kudos