Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial download detail process

Jump to solution
BryceWang
Contributor II

I read i.MX RT1050 RM.

- In chapter 9.9, Is fig 9-18 the handshake process between host and chip?Or does it only happen on the chip side?

- About serial download protocol (SDP), when host communication with chip, is need response to each other when accept report. For example, SDP commands is WRITE_FILE. In my understanding, host send report1 to chip first, and then host send data to chip. If the first step fail, such as chip not receive the report1, what happend? When chip receives report1, will it send a response to the host?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BryceWang 

Yes, SDPHOST is meant to be used from host to chip. 

We do not provide the source code, but the executable. 

You can find  the SDPHOST and other related tools in this package Flash loader i.MX RT1060/1040 package

Best regards, 

Diego

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BryceWang 

I hope that you are doing great! 

To my understanding fig 9-18  is the boot flow when the MCU is set to boot in serial downloader. The ROM will wait for any commands from the Host, over LPUART1 or USB1 interfaces. This command could be as simple as the following example.

sdphost -u 0x1FC9,0x0130 -j -- error-status

To which the boot ROM will simply reply as shown in the below  figure. The error command works as a simple ping command,  that the host sends to discover if the MCU is active. 

diego_charles_0-1706141183722.png

Below I provide an example, where the command write-file is used. Each command issued from the host receives a response. 

diego_charles_1-1706141732646.png

If the MCU is not in serial downloader mode, there won't be any responses from the host. 

I hope this could help, 

Diego

0 Kudos
BryceWang
Contributor II

Hi @diego_charles 

In your answer, you use sdphost to communication from host to chip. How can i get sdphost source code?

Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BryceWang 

Yes, SDPHOST is meant to be used from host to chip. 

We do not provide the source code, but the executable. 

You can find  the SDPHOST and other related tools in this package Flash loader i.MX RT1060/1040 package

Best regards, 

Diego

0 Kudos
BryceWang
Contributor II

BryceWang_0-1705641468868.png

0 Kudos