SYCL Support on i.MX8M SoCs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYCL Support on i.MX8M SoCs

muyao_chen
Contributor I

I found SYCL very interesting and I wanted to test it on my i.MX8M board. When I ran the test program computecpp_info of ComputeCPP, I have this output :

Device is supported                     : NO - Device does not support SPIR

Apparently, the SoC i.MX8M does not support SPIR-V. And I have looked at the list of all the platforms supported by SYCL, there isn't a single case on ARM64.

Does anyone know why SPIR is not supported on this SoC? Is it a hardware problem or just a software problem? Can we eventually implement SPIR and SYCL to i.MX8 board?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muyao,
It seems that SYCL is not part of the NXP BSP. However, if it is based on OpenCL, there is some reference material that could help you. Please take a look at the following Community document:

Where to find the OpenCL libraries for iMX8MQ development kit to cross compile any OpenCL applicatio...

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

muyao_chen
Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for your response. Actually, I have OpenCL available on my board (at least OpenCV told me so). However, I can't pass SYCL's test. It might not be a problem of OpenCL, but that of SPIR(Standard, Portable Intermediate Representation - V), something that interprets C++ codes to OpenCL understandable C codes.

So my question is if it's possible to integrate SPIR into the BSP of i.MX8M.

Regards,

Muyao

0 Kudos