Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1172 MCU Config Tools Support for SEMC SRAM

Jump to solution
mjosborne1
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to configure the RT1172 SEMC for SRAM using MCUXpresso Config Tools Version 13.1.

I only see SDRAM as an option:

mjosborne1_0-1685482218132.png

There is a reply (2022-08-30) in a similar post here that this will be available via a "Mode" setting in the next release:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/IMXRT1064-How-to-use-and-configure-SRAM-with-SEMC/m-p/1... 

mjosborne1_1-1685482328359.png

Is there a status update on the availability of this feature?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, this is not possible. You might want to copy some parts of the generated code so it can attach to any SDRAM/SRAM mex file. 

Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

This feature is available in the standalone version of Config Tool, you need to make sure that SEMC is at "register initialization".

Omar_Anguiano_0-1685564103523.png

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos
mjosborne1
Contributor III

Thanks for the info, I see the option now.

Is it possible to define both an SDRAM and SRAM SEMC configuration in the same .mex file?

When I try to add an additional Register Initialization component (already had an SEMC peripheral SDRAM config), or two components - one for each of SDRAM and SRAM - I get an error about the peripheral being used in multiple instances.

Best regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, this is not possible. You might want to copy some parts of the generated code so it can attach to any SDRAM/SRAM mex file. 

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos