cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1064 EVK programming

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I just got RT1064-EVK to try to evaluate the functions for my application.

Before I use P&E Multilink Universal to program the MCU flash for MK66 and KV58 MCU by using MCUXpresso.

My question:

1) Can I use P&E Multilink Universal to program RT1064 QSPI Flash on chip?

2) If not, which tool can I use to program RT1064 QSPI flash?

2) Do I have to use USB/RS232 to program the RT1064 QSPI Flash? If so, do I need to switch the boot mode every time because I want to use default mode(boot from QSPI Flash)?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

You might use the onboard debug circuit but an external debugger is also an option.
1. Yes, configure the EVK with these settings:

• Remove jumpers J47 and J48, to disconnect the SWD signals from onboard debug circuit, these jumpers are installed by default.
  • Use default power selection on J1 with pins 5-6 shorted.
  • Connect the probe to J21, 20-pin dual-row 0.1" header.
  • Power the EVK with one of the power supply options.  Typically USB connector J41 is used to power the board and provides a UART/USB bridge through the onboard debug circuit.

2. Not necessarily, this option of serial download can be used when your board is bricked but you might use the onboard debugger with J41 and boot mode on internal boot.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Omar,

Thank you.

Here is what I tested, can you tell where I am wrong?

I trying to test RT1064-EVK and have the following issues:

I am using P&E multilink universal to program LED demo application to RT1064-EVK

1) If I use J21(20Pin connector) and remove J47, J48, I can program FlexSPI flash and run properly.

2) If I use J34(10Pin connector) and remove J47, J48, I can't program FlexSPI flash and got the following error

"pegdbserver_console.exe" stop working.....

Can anybody help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

J34 is JTAG/SWD interface for the board debug circuit. If you try to attach a debugger, it will not connect to RT1064. 

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos