Power Save mem-mode TEST result and question.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Save mem-mode TEST result and question.

Jump to solution
sung-ukjang
Contributor II

We had finished test "mem-mode" on iMX28-EVK.

will wake up to using "PSWITCH" button on Mem-mode.

I have  some question.

1. How to check "Mem-mode" or "Power-Off" status??

- because iMX28 is RESET/ is Low status in Mem-mode.

- Can you tell me,  still using GPIO config on Mem-mode.

2.We using "PSWITCH" at wake-up source and Power On/Off source.

In IMX28EVK, long push PSWITCH for Power off. still working 32.768KHz sleep clock.

in case is more 12mA to Mem-mode.

root@freescale ~$

root@freescale ~$ release pswitch to power down

pswitch power down

is this normal case??

please help to me!!!

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Sung-Uk

If mem mode you mentioned is entered by command "echo mem > /sys/power/state", actually there is no method to check the difference of mem mode and power off mode. In both of modes,the chip is power down by setting PWD of HW_POWER_RESET.

In MX28 suspend-to-RAM mode, only DRAM is in self-refresh mode and is powered by external circuit; ARM core, on-chip modules, and PLL are off. After entering suspend-to-RAM mode, only power key can resume, then system starts a code boot.

Grace

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Sung-Uk

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
sung-ukjang
Contributor II

OK,  Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Sung-Uk

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Sung-Uk

If mem mode you mentioned is entered by command "echo mem > /sys/power/state", actually there is no method to check the difference of mem mode and power off mode. In both of modes,the chip is power down by setting PWD of HW_POWER_RESET.

In MX28 suspend-to-RAM mode, only DRAM is in self-refresh mode and is powered by external circuit; ARM core, on-chip modules, and PLL are off. After entering suspend-to-RAM mode, only power key can resume, then system starts a code boot.

Grace

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OK, Thanks Grace, I just recalled that on i.MX28, the default mode is standby, and the mem mode is mapped to another mode that all modules are off except DRAM, please refer to Grace's answer, she is right, I forgot that I did NOT enable the mem mode on i.MX28.

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Sung-Uk

For question 1:

The mem mode is sleep mode for i.MX28, you can measure the core power voltage, VDDD, there should be about 1.1V on it.

The poweroff mode is to shutdown i.MX28, and the core's power VDDD should be very low, only some leakage.

Not very understand your question 2, can you provide more detail?

0 Kudos