I have a problem of USB MSC class of i.MX6Q board.
My test procedure was like below,
- Set the board to serial download mode
- Connect USB_OTG port to Desktop
- Power-ON the board
- Desktop could detect the HID, vid="15A2" & pid="0054"
- Desktop couldn't detect the MSC, vid="066F" & pid="37FF"
You can confirm the VID/PID in the ucl2.xml.
<STATE name="BootStrap" dev="MX6Q" vid="15A2" pid="0054"/>
<STATE name="Updater" dev="MSC" vid="066F" pid="37FF"/>
Could you tell me what's the problem?
I know the image download procedure via MFGTool is like below, is this procedure right?
1) ROM was connected with the USB pid "0054" and vid "15A2" to Desktop.
- So Desktop can detect the USB HID for Board.
2) ROM is exported the RAM as USB Mass Storage Class(MSC) to Desktop.
- So Desktop can detect the USB MSC for Board
3) Desktop send the Image into Board
And I think the problem was operated in Step #2.
In general your understanding is correct, what is PC OS ?
If this is Windows7 recommended to use 32 bit version.
Check that correct version was used for i.MX 6Quad and i.MX6Dual:
IMX_6DQ_MFG_TOOL : Tool and documentation for downloading OS images to the i.MX 6Quad and i.MX6Dual.
Also one can try first power-up board, then attach cable.
Note, USB MSC class will appear when i.MX6 will run MFG Tool firmware
(initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot), if this is custom board, then one needs to rebuild it
(refer to attached document sect.3.9 Building Manufacturing Firmware)
modifying uboot flash_header.S with new DDR settings produced by DDR test: