Kernel panic issue and Weston launching issue with yocto morty build for imx6qp sabre AI board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel panic issue and Weston launching issue with yocto morty build for imx6qp sabre AI board

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi,

I am working on imx6qp sabre auto board, (MCIMXABASEV1,MCIMX6QPAICPU3 cards).

building Linux ivi-image with yocto platform. it was working fine with Jethro realease.

but I wanted to move the Weston to latest version i.e Weston_1.11.0 build successful(except for Weston_1.13.0) but Weston was launching on target . so decided to move the yocto version to morty.

now yocto morty (repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-morty)

tried building image using : bitbake fsl-qt5-image -k.

here Linux-imx_4.9.11 as well as Linux-imx_4.1.15 not working ("fetcher failure errors")

so used Linux-imx_4.1.15.bb from jethro yocto build file .

kernel boot stops after "starting kernel " print.

is that correct?? let me know what to do? but still kernel not booting so copied kernel image from jethro build to sd-card and tried to check GUI here Weston not launching. please help here

this version has Weston_1.11.0. here also yocto build successful but when I try to launch the Weston I am getting  segmentation fault. :smileysad: issue is same as with the yocto jethro version.

Please help me resolving this issue.

Note : please check the attachments.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you show the steps? So I can try to reproduce it on my side.

0 Kudos

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi jimmychan,

I have attached the documents please check.

I followed the "Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf" to get the yocto folder.

also changed 

>> "repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga" with

"repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-morty"

since I wanted morty image .

please let me know if any other procedure for base lining to latest yocto.

and built the image with "bitbake fsl-image-qt5 -k"

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is L4.9.11 BSP available. i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

There is command for building the BSP in Yocto User's Guide. (Linux 4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP & Multimedia Codecs Documentation)

You can try the command like this:

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx6qpsabreauto source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland
$ bitbake fsl-image-validation-qt5-imx

0 Kudos

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi,

with that image I am unable to build the Linux-imx_4.9.11 .(even for Linux-imx_4.1.15)

every time I try to build, build fails with "fetcher failure error" that too after fetching half of the source.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos