Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG related issues

Jump to solution
chiranjeevimata
Contributor I

Hi All,

Am using iMX537 in my target board with Da9053 PMIC. PMIC is un-programed which will be generating default voltages without any Power-Sequence. When I am trying to program the iMX537 using Lauterbach Debug tool via JTAG , iMX537 is not getting programmed. JTAG has to scan 13 register's instead scanning only 5 register's. Due to this there is a failure in JTAG getting connected. Please let me know if anyone has faced the problem with JTAG and what are the ways to fix it. The iMX537 schematics is similar to the QSB schematics.

Regards,

Chiranjeevi M

0 Kudos
1 Solution
skrausse
Contributor II

Hi Chiranjeevi, if you have a IR/DR 5/1 configuration, then it looks like only the SJC TAP is in the scan chain. The reason could be, that the JTAG_MOD pin is set wrong, or your device is secured and you have to unlock it first. If you don't have explicitly ölocked the device yb programming the fuses, then I would look to the the JTAG_MOD pin first.

Best Regards,

Steffen.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Chiranjeevi, I don't have a Lauterbach but I am able connect and debug iMX53-QS board successfully using a BDI3000.

You mention : "JTAG has to scan 13 register's instead scanning only 5 register's". I don't know what registers you are referring to but with BDI300 we have :

SCANPRED 2 9 ;two devices before DAP

SCANSUCC 0 0 ;no devices after DAP

in the config file. So There are 3 devices in the JTAG chain the total length of register bits (IR length) is 9 to locate the DAP.

This QS board is also using aDA9053 PMIC so you should be able to connect with similar config as above. I wouldn't know what corresponds to this in Lauterbuauch config file but perhaps you can translate.

Hope this helps

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos
chiranjeevimata
Contributor I

Hi Sinan Akman,

Thanks for the inputs. I just have one query. The only difference between the QSB and my target board is that , I have not connected 32.768kHz clock on my board.

Is 32.768kHz clock is must for the iMX537.

Regards,

ChiranjeeviM

0 Kudos
skrausse
Contributor II

Hi Chiranjeevi, if you have a IR/DR 5/1 configuration, then it looks like only the SJC TAP is in the scan chain. The reason could be, that the JTAG_MOD pin is set wrong, or your device is secured and you have to unlock it first. If you don't have explicitly ölocked the device yb programming the fuses, then I would look to the the JTAG_MOD pin first.

Best Regards,

Steffen.

0 Kudos
chiranjeevimata
Contributor I

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the input. We checked the JTAG_MOD pin and its low. We are not using 32.768kHz crystal in our design. That is the only modification that is there from QSB.

Please let me know if this would be a reason. As the datasheet nor the Reference manual says we need to use 32.768kHz clock.

Also what should be EIM_MODE0 and EIM_MODE1 setting for the eFuse to be out of locked mode.

Regards,

Chiranjeevi M

0 Kudos