Is it possible to use USB-OTG as EHCI host in U-Boot on Sabrelite board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use USB-OTG as EHCI host in U-Boot on Sabrelite board?

Jump to solution
rafalfabich
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am Rafal and this is my first post here, so I would like to say hello to everyone :smileyhappy:

I have been using the Sabrelite board from Boundary Devices for some time and now I have been working on U-Boot.

I use the U-Boot code from Boundary Devices and the current implementation supports Host1 only. I would like to use OTG as host but the OTG is unfortunately not supported. I wanted to implemet the lowest layer for the ehci driver (like it is done for Host1) but it does not seem to work. The result is that the U-Boot creates the EHCI hub, but no device is detected. I also tried to follow the SDK code which downloaded from here, but I did not succeed.

I suppose it is possible to use USG-OTG instead of Host1 as EHCI host in U-Boot. Is there something I am missing?

By the way, the device is connected via special adapter and the power (5V) is provided to it.

Kind regards,

Rafal

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rafalfabich
Contributor II

Hi again,

Sorry for answering to myself, but the problem seems to be solved.

In fact, unlike the Host1, the OTG controller had to be reinitialized after EHCI reset.

Regards,

Rafal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rafalfabich
Contributor II

Hi again,

Sorry for answering to myself, but the problem seems to be solved.

In fact, unlike the Host1, the OTG controller had to be reinitialized after EHCI reset.

Regards,

Rafal

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rafal,

Great, can you please generate a patch for this and submit it to the u-boot mailing list?

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos