How to find INTID for GIC of CA53 in i.MX8MN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find INTID for GIC of CA53 in i.MX8MN

T-Ii
Contributor III

My customer develops a baremetal firmware running on CA53 in i.MX8MN UL Solo.

They want to handle interrupt with GIC, but can not find INTID for each IRQ in CA53.

Is there any document about it or method obtain INTID from IRQ? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @T-Ii,

One can refer to this NXP Training Presentation for more information on the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit.

0 Kudos

T-Ii
Contributor III

Thank you @Dhruvit .

Unfortunately, I can not find a relations INTID and IRQ in the Document.
As I watch the output of "cat /proc/interrupt", It seems INTID is IRQ + 32. Is it right in i.MX8M Nano UL Solo?

0 Kudos

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @T-Ii,

My sincerest apologies for the delay.

Interrupt ID can be measured by [9:0] bits of Interrupt Acknowledge Register, GICC_IAR. 

And reading the IAR returns the INTID. For more information, refer to this ARM Documentation.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit.

0 Kudos

T-Ii
Contributor III

Thanks @Dhruvit ,

GICC_IAR seems only one INTID at one time and only obtain a INTID that fired interrupt. It is not enough useful for obtaining a list of IRQ and INTID.

I found a piece of that list from "cat /proc/interrupt" on BSP Linux. It is not completely, but enough to estimate others.

Customer accept the list and get progress developing.